Monday, April 25, 2011

The night be before Easter

and all through the house not a child was stirring not even a rabbit.
  (Okay so I am not a poet, don't hate).
However, in our house it was not quiet.  It was stirring and lots of it.
  I hadn't had time to "Easter shop" with Hannah now that she is almost 3, I can no longer take her with me on "those" kinds of trips.  She is so smart she would know who bought what.  Kent worked for a bit on Saturday morning so when he got home, we ran a few errands.  Costco for eggs, Kohls for shoes, Amy is growing like a weed and is having shoe issues. Old Navy for me, I actually bought some shorts in a smaller size! Woot woot.  Then we came home and put Hannah down for a nap.  Kent and I headed out to the lower part of our yard to do some much needed weeding.  Came in cleaned up again for the day, took the girls to grandmas so we could "Easter shop" and grocery shop.  I think we finally got home close to 7:00 p.m. I was exhausted and we still had Easter eggs to dye.  
Here the girls are waiting for the dye to dissolve so I could add the water.

 Dad writing on his egg "Dad is the best".
 He is the best, helping the girls dye eggs.
 I go to dye my own egg too.
 Cheese
 Amy is so cute, she even dyed and egg with Ricks name on it.  Since he was out.
 I love this picture of Hannah, she was holding the egg so it could have 2 colors. 
 Finished eggs.
They did a great job, only problem was Amy didn't think 10 eggs was enough.  I told her when she starts eating eggs I will start boiling more.

4 comments:

Tawni716 said...

We colored eggs but I didn't get vinegar so they didn't really color! It said with water they'd be pastel ~ pastel my butt! LoL Oh & when we went to crack em yesterday to eat them I hadn't boiled them long enough! YUCK ... part of the reason we went on the bike ride .... to drop the eggs off at the swimming pool trash! haha

Genn said...

Cute pics Traci!
We didn't even get around to dying the eggs. My poor girls, they got jipped.
Congrats on buying those smaller shorts in ON!! That is some exciting news. :)

Anonymous said...

Your egg experience looks a lot more enjoyable than ours was haha. Cute pictures! And woohoo for a smaller size!

Anonymous said...

ahhh I love these photos! So fun! :)