Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April 1st!

Can you believe its April?
I just can't believe it.  We headed to the river for the weekend.  We took my car instead of the excursion to save on gas.  It was a long trip there.  The girls were bored the jetta is much smaller then the excursion. NO Tv/ movie for them to watch.  The list goes on and on.  Somewhere on the 40 in the middle of nowhere, Hannah peed in her carseat, the girls were finally giggling and I guess she had a full bladder.  She doesn't have accidents anymore.  We drove for a while, the fener rest area was closed so we exited at the next off ramp.  Very desolate, there was a gas station in the distance.  So we stopped.  I don't recommend this place at night or if you were traveling alone.  It was pretty creepy and the people there really creepy.  I am thinking nothing good comes from this place.  However, I was so angry and tired and cramped that I don't think anyone would have messed with me.  So cleaned up Hannah and the car seat the best I could put her back in the car and on our way again to the river.  We finally made it, but we still had a long night ahead.  Hannah was out of sorts, she had trouble sleeping and in our bed. Then the other bed with Amy and back again. 

Saturday we woke up and went to breakfast.  Fixed the tire on the boat trailer and just hung out.  We went over to see my mom while Kent got a hair cut.  We took the girls to the river to let them swim and the park to climb.  I have a few pictures on my phone so I will download them for another time.
We went to dinner with my parents, my uncle Kent and my cousin's hubby Slaven who were here for the weekend to ride the rhinos and shoot the guns with my dad.
Amy with Rusty
Stinker hannah 
 On Sunday we went to a place called Lazy Harry's for breakfast, a dive but the food was ok.  Anyway we saw the Arizona memorial.  Never had seen it before.
 It was very pretty.

 One side of the walk way was the memorial and the other side was the river.  the weather was beautiful and I was wishing we had our excursion so we could have taken the boat out.
 I think our flag is the pretties of all the flags.  What do you think?
 Then we headed over to my parents again and watch them clean the guns.  

 Papa let the girls help!
 We went to Laughlin and shopped in the mall.  I wanted to the girls picture with the easter bunny but he wasn't there yet.  So I bought these at OshKosh.

It turned out to be a fun weekend after  rough start.  We left about 7:30 p.m. and I drove us home.  I think I liked it cause that made Kent n Charge of the girls. ;)

4 comments:

Genn said...

Hi Traci!
orry about the rough drive down to the river.
I hate rest stops like that. Why are they always so gross and teaming with the scuzziest people on the earth?
Cute mathy outfits for the girls!

Genn said...

Sorry* no orry


:)

Anonymous said...

Hey it showed up in blog scroll woo hoo! I like those outfits you picked the girls out for Easter too cute!!

Smart to take your car to the river, gas prices are out of control.

Noah peed his pants on the way home from our last river trip...oh man oh man fun hah? Lol

Tawni716 said...

Awww bummer about Hannah's accident =( Payton has those all the time ... geez, I tell her that's not what diapers are for! hahaha Love the girls new outfits too cute! xoxoxo