Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Johnson Valley 4/15-4/17/11

Disclaimer this is one LONG post!!  So sit back and enjoy the ride.
We had our last camping/ riding weekend for the year this past weekend.  It was suppose to be the "normal" group of campers, but they all backed out.  We decided that since we had already planned it and since this would be the last riding trip we should go anyway.  Must use motorhome to make it worth having! Right?
So we invited Amy's friend Carly to come along.  
This was her first camping trip and first time on a quad!  
We picked the girls up from school and jumped into the motorhome.  The girls, colored and played.
 While we sat in this.  Ugh all the way up the Cajon pass.
Friday afternoon traffic sucks!
 We finally arrived, got camp set up and sat by the fire.  The girls ate s'mores and giggled and laughed.
 The girls had a blue light and wanted me to take pictures of them.
 Me, Kent and Hannah.
 Good night sleepy heads.
 Good night.  After we put the girls to bed Kent and I enjoyed a bottle glass of wine, by the fire.  It was a beautiful night out.  the moon was shinning bright.  Not many campers so it was very quiet too.  Almost spooky.
 Saturday morning we fired up, had breakfast and the girls wanted to ride.
Carly is on Hannah's silver quad and Amy on the her Pink quad.
 These girls rode and rode.
 Hannah is getting so good at riding. She rode for a really long time too.  
 Isn't my sweet 2 year adorable?  
 Then we decided to go for a long ride.  I packed a lunch and we headed off.  Kent rode his quad and me and the girls were in the ranger.  We had a great time, Kent took us on some pretty scary stuff. At one point me and the girls walked down and Kent had to come get the ranger and drive it down the hill!  LOL. (Hannah stayed with daddy).
 These 2 climbed EVERYTHING! Any time we stopped and they saw a rock they were on it.  
After the ride, we came back to relax a bit.  The girls tried to fly the kite, just not enough wind to keep it up.  Plus its a 2 handle kite that they had a hard time working.  Note to self by a couple of regular kites for the motorhome they girls had a blast.

 Whats this?  More rocking climbing?  Why, yes it is.  They got to the point they would ride the quads to the rocks and then climb them and ride back.
 I took this picture while sitting at camp.  They were on the VERY top of the rocks.
 Hannah played in the sand.  She was enjoying getting dirty.
 Then she said "mom, can I have a bath?"  So I came in and bathed her, it wasn't even dinner time yet.  She was dirty and felt much better after this.
 The girls they continued to ride.  This is the little berm track they rode for hours.
 Sunday morning clean up.
 ALmost ready to head home.
 One more ride for Hannah.
 This was our pathetic camp.  =)
Farewell dirt, thanks for a great riding season, now bring on a cleaner sport. 
RIVER TIME! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say you are giving your girls such fond memories with all the fun desert trips. I have so many fond memories vacationing with my family growing up :)

I'm so ready for river season too! :)

Tawni716 said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Sorry us "normal" campers backed out! ;) But my backyard is done ... & now we owe you a BBQ! =) xoxoxoxo

Genn said...

Looks like a fun trip Traci. How nice to put the girls to bed and enjoy a bottle..er..glass... of wine with your hubby. :)
I think we will need one of those bed rails for both girls when we get the motorhome. Hannah wants to sleep up top above the drivers seat and I'm afraid she might fall, but I guess those rails would work up there. Hopefully!