Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter part 1

Easter will be a II part series, because we packed so much into one day.
We had originally planned to be at the river for easter however after watching the weather we decided it was still a little cool to be on the water.  I was able to let the Easter bunny know we would be home this year. ;)
Easter morning the girls woke up and went looking for their baskets.  
(I use the same basket each year.  So far no one has questioned that. I wonder how much longer I can pull that off)? 
Hannah found hers right away.
I thought this was cute, Hannah following Amy to help her find her basket. 
 She found on the chair in the dinning room.
 They wasted no time in digging into those baskets.  Hannah didn't care about anything other than the dollar and the change in the elmo egg.
 Amy was NOT amused with her elmo eggs.  =)
 However, the giant box of whoppers made everything better.
 Amy got a bathing suit, cover up, white tank, whoppers, a dollar, barrettes and a necklace.
 Hannah wanted nothing to do with her loot, she was way to worried about putting her money in her piggy bank.  However, she got a bathing suit, cover up, hair pretties, red vines and dora stickers.
 Then we put o our Easter dresses and went to church.
 When we came home Rick was up and Amy told him to find his basket.  They looked all over.  She finally found it for him between the couches.  He got some of his favorites reese's and an annual pass to Knott's Berry farm.  He was VERY excited.  Not bad for an almost 21 year old to still get visits from the Easter Bunny.  I bet its times like these that he is VERY happy to have 2 young sisters.  =)
See that basket Rick is digging in with the blue ears?  Well, that basket has been around for about 19 years.  I have filled that basket almost his whole life with goodies treats and more.  then put it away for the following year. He was about 2 when I found it.  He never once said a thing about it, maybe he thought it was like a stocking at Christmas)?
Stay tuned for Easter Part II.  I will be back in the morning to post the rest.

No comments: