Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Part II, final chapter

After church we came home changed into jeans and sweatshirts.  I made and packed a lunch for all of us.  Then we headed out to Knott's Berry Farm.  I know what you are thinking this doesn't sound very "Easter" like.  My mom's side of the family has a huge Easter party at my Aunt and Uncles house in Newhall, CA.  We thought about going but its an 1.5 hrs each way and so we decided to take a family vote and let the kids decide.  Rick and Amy said stay home and do something fun here, Hannah wanted to go see papa.  Two against one so we stayed home.  Anyway, we headed to Knott's.  We arrived about 11:30 a.m. and ate the lunch I packed in the parking lot.  (They don't allow outside food in the park, dumb but it ain't no Disneyland)  I smuggled in the rest of the snacks and water via the stroller. =) We picked up Ricks pass the Easter Bunny got for him and headed in.
Look at my 3 beautiful babies. (I sure am a lucky mommy).
 While Rick, Amy and I were on Sidewinder, daddy took Hannah to see the Easter Bunny.
 Rick and Amy went on Montezooma's Revenge while Daddy and Hannah went on the ferris wheel.
 Hannah loved it! 
( I hate the ferris wheel, I will not go on it.  I will go upside down,  fast whatever but I hate the ferris wheel).
 Hannah was getting a little jealous, Rick was going on so many rides with Amy and Daddy and me for that matter, she wanted to ride the race cars with Rick.  Being the great brother that he is, he jumped right in and rode along. 
 Amy was a little bit bent that brother was riding with Hannah instead of her.
 While Daddy and Rick ran over to the Montezooma's Revenge again Hannah rode the log peeler.
 Amy was pretty happy to be here and with her boots she was going on so many rides that otherwise she would be to short to ride.
 Rick wanted to go on Riptide and Kent thought you would get wet so he didn't want to ride.  I wasn't sure what it did so I decided not to go either.  No problem for Rick he started chatting up with the young girl next to him! LOL  BTW, after seeing this ride, I am glad I sat out! =)
 Amy and Rick went off to another coaster and daddy took Hannah on Joe Cool Skate.  This kid has no fear, she loved everything.
 By now it was getting late almost 6 p.m. and we were tired and hungry.  Rick wanted Fuddruckers and after all its only a couple of blocks away. 
Easter Dinner at Fuddruckers = YUMMY!!

Ricky said this was the BEST Easter he has ever had.  Amy then agreed, so although I missed seeing my extended family on Easter, it was so worth the smile on my families faces.
 Oh and Kent and I both prdered a salad with grilled chicken and used balsamic vinegar for dressing.  Are you good or what?  So motivated.
 HAHAHA, the ride home
 The only one that had taken a couple hour nap at Knotts so she was ready to still go go go!
Happy Easter everyone.  

Diet update: Kent 42 lbs
                      Traci 31.5 lbs
         Since Feb 4, 2011

3 comments:

Tracy said...

You guys sound like us going out to eat. A couple of years ago we were at the Cheesecake factory and the boys ordered their huge burgers or fried stuff while Andy and I ordered salads. I looked at the waiter and said about the boys orders..that was us 20 years ago. Pretty much anywhere we go salads are the order we place. Andy's favorite place to eat is Whole Foods salad bar.

Tawni716 said...

I just picture browsed .... LOVE Rick sleeping LoL Long day!!! Glad you guys had such a relaxing Easter, that's AWESOME! xoxoxoxo Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! Good idea going to Knott's on Easter! You are getting a lot of use our of your guys pass, that's awesome.

I luv all the great family photos you got you all look so happy! :)
XO