Tuesday, April 12, 2011

HG Lasagna Cupcakes

Are you a Hungry Girl?
I am!
I just bought the new HG cook book on Friday and am so happy I did. I have made Egg mugs, grilled cheese sandwiches and now Lasagna Cupcakes.
If you don't have this cook book and you are missing out.
Not only does the food taste great but its a healthier way of cooking.

 Turkey, oinons, crushed tomatos, garlic and italian seasoning
Spinach, nutmeg, salt, egg substitue, fat free cottage cheese (but the recipe calls for fat free ricotta)
 getting ready for the second layer
 Oven ready
Out of the oven
 Onto the plate!
(The above picture is what I ran over to my in laws so they could enjoy the yummy goodness too).
Seriously people these were so good.  
1 cupcake = 165 calories, 4.75g fat, 390 mg sodium, 14g carbs, 1.25g fiber, 3g sugars, 15g protein.  
Mine might be slightly different because I used fat free cottage cheese instead of the fat free ricotta and I used Trader Joes lite mozzarella cheese instead of part skim mozzarella.
Ingredients:
12 ounces raw lean ground turkey
1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms (I didn't put in mine because I kids hate mushrooms)
one 14.5 ounce can crushed tomatoes
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic divided (I used 3 gloves minced)
1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
one 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
1 1/2 cups fat free ricotta cheese ( I used fat free cottage cheese)
1/4 cup fat free liquid egg substitute (I used 100% egg whites)
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
24 small square wonton wrappers
 1/2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella Cheese ( I used lite mozzarella cheese)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 275 degrees.

Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to med- high heat on the stove add turkey and season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper.  Cook and crumble until no longer pink.  ad onions, mushrooms , stirring often cook until veggies are soft and turkey is fully cooked.  Reduce heat to low and add crushed tomatoes, garlic and italian seasoning, stirring occasionally and simmer for about 10 minutes.

In a bowl combine spinach, ricotta cheese, egg substitute, nutmeg, salt, garlic.  Mix well and set aside.

Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with non stick cooking spray and press a wonton in each cup of the pan.  Evenly distribute about half of the ricotta mixture into each cup and then half the meat mixture on top of the ricotta and a tablespoon of the mozzarella.  Place another wonton on top of that and layer again with the rest of the ricotta mixture and the meat mixture.  Top off with 1 tablespoon of mozzarella.

Bake in oven until cheese has melted and the edges are browned about 10 minutes, allow to cool. Transfer to a plate and eat up!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummmmm! thanks so much, im going to the store tomorrow and i am so buying the stuff i need to do this, it looks so good! and the calories are amazing!

Tawni716 said...

Dang it ... I missed a good dinner! We didn't end up eating till like 8:15! Yikes! haha That looks yummy ... I will have to make them, but that makes wayyyy too many for the 3 of us. Hope you had a good day! xoxoxo

Genn said...

Oooh those look so good! Thanks for sharing Traci. I'm gonna buy that book!


PS- I think I never answered you about how I grilled that salmon. I'm sorry! Fresh fish is SO easy to make. Last night I made mahi mahi again and I'll post that soon.
The salmon I buy the largest best looking piece at Sam's club. Then I lay it on a big piece of foil. Brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and cracked pepper, squeeze several lemons over it. Then I set all over it and under it chopped onions, lemons, and pieces of fresh dill. Then wrap well with the foil and bbq it for about 12 minutes on each side! It's SO easy. Mess free. Easy clean up. and DELISH!

:)

Tracy said...

I finally figured out my gmail password so I can leave a few comments. You may be sorry I did figure it out haha.

Those Lasagna Cupcakes look really good. I bet the boys would like them. Do you think they would freeze well? I would love to make a bunch for the freezer.

Anonymous said...

Love it! I want this cookbook!

The Farm-Marm said...

I am sooooo getting this book! Those look so yummy! I love single serving food! No-one can fight over portions!