As you may or may not know, I walk / jog almost every night around my neighbor. Sometimes Kent and the girls join me but most nights they just stay home. Well, Monday night Amy really wanted to join me. Her bike had two flat tires and I suggested she stay home. She said no I really want to go with you so I will just walk. So we walked, I like to brisk walk and Amy was having a hard time keeping up. Then she started jogging so I joined her. Pretty soon she was very tired and was asking me to slow down. We made it back home, she jumped into the shower and headed to bed. As soon as she laid down she started coughing and wheezing. She came into my room and I tried to get her to slow her breathing down. Still no relief. After about 40 minutes of her coughing and wheezing I woke up Kent. (Kent has had asthma his WHOLE life, so I figured he could help me make a decision on what to do with Amy). I said Amy is having a hard time breathing should we take her to Urgent care? He half awake, said she is fine. I said no listen to her. He put his ear to her chest and said just relax your breathing nice and slow. I said NO Kent listen to her back! He said ya she sounds pretty wheezing, then would lay back down. I WAS so annoyed at him. Really I was getting quite pissed off. This is his baby too, how is he sleeping and not helping me right now? UGH. Finally, I said Amy is it the same, worse or better. She said getting worse. I told Kent we are leaving to Urgent care, apparently he was asleep and didn't hear me. We (me and Amy) both put on some sweats and left for the Kaiser Urgent Care in Riverside about 9:30 p.m.. We arrived just before 10:00 p.m. and checked her in they took her right back to check her oxygen level which was good. They said have a seat and we will have her seen by a physician. They said there was 1 person ahead of us. I was thinking ugh, the waiting room had about 30 people in it ALL there before us. (Urgent care closes at 10:00 p.m.) I was stressing that Amy was going to stop breathing or something in the waiting room before we would be seen. However, to my pleasant surprise, just as we sat down and Amy climbed on my lap, the door opened and they called us back! Took us to the room and a doctor was right behind. Great, he ordered a steroid liquid and a breathing machine within a couple of minutes Amy was hooked up and feeling better.
We had just entered the room, as I was whipping out my camera the doctor walked in. I told him I was a blogging fool and had to document everything in our life, the good the bad and the ugly! He looked at me a little funny but then attended to Amy right away. =)
Poor kid, I felt so bad for her.
As soon as the medicine was gone in the breathing machine, doctor was right back into the room. He ordered her an inhaler and more steroids to take for 4 days. By the time we left the Urgent care, she was back to herself. She had a good color again and you could see in her eyes she was better. Then we headed to the pharmacy to get the meds. We finally left Kaiser about 11:15 p.m. and made it home by 11:35 p.m. I think we both climbed into bed just about midnight.
Fast forward to Tuesday 4:45 a.m.. Kent kissing me goodbye and says, hey what did you decide to do with Amy last night? Really? (Still annoyed) He had no idea we left.
2 comments:
Oh no Traci poor Amy! I'm so sorry. That is a tough struggle Asthma...A mama knows best I'm so glad you took her in. Men are just wired differently I swear! Lol I hope she is doing great now & now more wheezing, so scary!
P.s. I take photos of everything too, I got over the expalning & being embarrassed part haha. If they knew your blog link, they'd be avid followers (that's what I tell myself) haha
XO
Oh poor Amy!! How scary.
I was thinking that Kent went with you to urgent care. You mean he went to sleep? Men are so different than women/mothers sometimes aren't they? Jake is the same way when I am panicked if the girls have a fever and he's like, it's alright, they're fine...
I'm glad she is better now. That is such a scary feeling when you feel like you can't breathe.
Post a Comment