Monday, August 22, 2011

Sunday, the final day of the fab birthday weekend

As I said on my previous post, rick came to the river with some friends.  They went for the River regatta, not my birthday.  Anyway, Saturday night Rick said him and his friends wanted to go out in the boat. (We had spent two very long fun days on the lake and really hadn't planned on going out Sunday. Since he asked we thought we would spend a few hours out on the lake for him). 
We loaded an ice chest and off we went.  It was BEAUTIFUL, no wind perfect weather and a boat load of kids (big and small).  
Rick showing his friends how to Knee board.
 Hey Rick, shouldn't you have the rope in your hand?
 My sweet princess was exhausted from the past 2 days.
 Ricks friend Austin, showing us how its done.
 Kyle was up next. This was his first time and didn't try to do much.
 The show off!
 Way to go Amy.
 Another show off, like father like daughter! HA!
Kayleigh showing the guys how to wake board.  None of them got up (Rick, Austin and Kyle that is)!  
Off to do some cliff jumping.
Umm, excuse me is that my baby in your arms? 
I thought we agreed that age 5 was the first year to cliff jump?
 There goes my baby.  Not sure how I feel about this.  Actually, I am sure. I hate it.
My other baby.

 Geez, is there anyone of my babies that won't jump?  
Apparently not!
 My babys 2nd jump.  See that guy sitting on top of the mountain.  thats Kyle and he already took one walk of shame and decided to go to this cliff because it was smaller.  He eventually did jump, but he was not about it.  I think he only jumped because Amy had done it twice!
 The boys wanted to tube.  Do you see who is on there?  My Amy can hang with the boys. Shortly after this Kyle wanted off. Who brought that guy?  He was a bit of a wimp.  Come on Kyle do you see my baby GIRL is on that with you?
 Kyle's off now thats get this baby to fly!
 Rick and Austin were flying off this tube and Amy stayed on.  It was classic.  These boys were jumping over Amy and tackling each other to knock the other one off the raft.  It was hysterical to watch.  Unfortunately, it did get to rough and Amy got hurt.  Someone took a knee or an elbow to her leg and she ended up crying.  The boys felt so bad, but it didn't stop them.  Then Kent decided to take them out to the middle of the lake and see how fast they could go.  I believe he had them at 40 mph.  It was crazy, they had a blast!  BTW, Austin was a pleasure to have on the trip.
 Finally, it was getting late and the kids wanted to get on the road for home.  We left the launch ramp and laughing about our day.  When suddenly we heard a loud pop.  Our rear tire blew, not only did it come apart but it broke the rear tube(?) where the radiator fluid flows through to heat the back of the car.  Its a 116 out and we are tired and hot.  The boys jumped out and it was like our very own pit crew.  They had the tire changed and Kent was able to get the hose back together as a temporary fix (burnt his hands on the hot hose and hot fluid) until next trip.
 Cute pit crew, if I don't say so myself.
 BTW, the back of the excursion was full of stuff ice chest, towels, food, life jackets.  So I had to move everything out so we could get to the jack and then the tire had to ride back there.  I climbed in and out of the boat tucking stuff into places so it wouldn't blow out on the road.  Did I mention it was 116 out? 
That is a sad looking tire.
 Funny part is, when I drove the excursion to the river in May we had a flat.  So the front right tire has a used tire on it.  Now the back right tire has a spare.  The 2 left tires are the same.  I guess we are rolling ghetto!!!
Now we need to purchase 4 new tires before bringing the excursion home.  Wouldn't be a good idea to cross the desert without a spare!!  
It was still an amazing birthday weekend.  I had a blast!
Thanks everyone for a fun trip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very own pit crew haha too funny! I was thinking as I was reading good thing you had all those boys there to be useful! Sure enough huh?

Fun photos! I'd freak at the cliff diving too

Tawni716 said...

I haven't read your previous river posts yet ... I'm going in backwards order. Anyway first off I hope that Kyle doesn't read your blog! haha Looks like you had an AWESOME Sunday Funday to round out your birthday trip! Fun stuff!!! We def. need to go with you guys before we pack up & go camping. xoxoxo