Last Friday was the 1st picnic on the playground for this school year.
It was HOT and the only shade was by the kinder classes on the cement.
So thats where we sat.
Amy and her friends.
Playing with my new camera. I see I need a lot of practice. We have too much happening money wise right now, so I am hoping to take a class on line this spring. Hopefully sooner.
Not sure what Hannah is looking at but thought this was a cute picture.
Someone loves their chicken nuggets.
The girls are deep in conversation, look at Hannah she is moving in on the food.
More friends arrived.
Once they finish lunch, we get a goodbye and they are gone.
Jury's not out on this picnic on the playground stuff. This is our 4th year. Its actually kind of a pain. We have family friday in the class room from 8:45 a.m to 9:15 a.m. or longer, which I stayed until 10:00 a.m. on this particular Friday. Then I left the school ran to get my nails done, by this time its almost lunch time at school which is 11:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.. So I run home grabbed my camera, run to Mc Donald's, back to the school, park (which isn't easy when you have 500 kids parents at the school too), get the stroller out, get Hannah out, carry food, drinks, camera, phone, blanket to sit on, (don't even think about trying to carry a chair or an umbrella for shade), etc, while pushing the stroller. Then you have to find a place to sit, find your kid, find their friends or your's, eat lunch and then the kids want to run off an play. Now you get to toss the trash, pick up the blanket shake the food off of it, never mind now you have more laundry when you get home, load the stroller back up, make it back to your car with a crying baby because she wants to stay and play and its getting late and she needs a nap, get home about 12:45 p.m., get the baby down for a nap, then you only have a couple of hours because school is out at 2:57 p.m. and you have to wake the baby up because its time to get your other kid from school. Its a lot of work for a short lunch with your child. If you don't go, then you feel like a heal! I say one parents gets a large pizza drops it off at the school for the kids and then all of us parents head off to a nice air conditioned restaurant for a drink and good adult conversation. Kids just want the fast food anyway as a treat, they don't really want to hang out with their parents, right?
2 comments:
I still need a lot of practice too!
Do your kids go to Foothil? Looks like Noah's school grounds a bit.
Hahaha That was funny! Okay so I know your solution ... take Pay & I with you & it will be much more fun!!! =D Actually I would really LOVE to go ... that's my old Elementary school & I would love to take Pay there to show her, since she'll never be going there. SOOO w/ that being said is this EVERY Friday or 1 Friday a month? Let me know so I can pen it in! That is if you'd let us join ya ;) xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment