Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Kleenex please.

I need a box of kleenex and fast!
Today is Amy's first day of 3rd grade.
I just don't understand where the time has gone.  How could she be in 3rd grade already? 
I am so excited for her and the new adventures that a new school year brings but I am also sad that she is  growing up.  SOMEBODY, please stop time! 
Here she is, ready and excited to get to school.
 Hannah was hugging her all morning and telling her she will miss her today.  Guess what?  We both miss her today.  The house is so quiet.  Can't wait for 2:57 p.m.
 We had a last minute change at school.  We had a specific teacher and yesterday, Kinder registration was down and the kinder teacher was moved to 3rd grade and the original teacher for Amy was moved back to 6th.  However, the kinder teacher was also Amy's 1st grade teacher.  So we have the same teacher that we had in 1st as our 3rd grade teacher.  Not sure how I feel about this yet.  I will wait and see how the first week or two of school goes, before making any decisions. 
Here is her desk.
 Sitting at her new desk!
 We went outside to see if any friends were at school yet.  We found Mia and Carly.
Watch out 3rd grade, these are some crazy kids!
 One last peek in her classroom before I headed home. 
 A short walk down memory lane. Sniff sniff
Amy Nicole, I can't believe how big you are.  You are such a special young lady.  
May all your hopes and dreams come true.
Good luck today.
I love you!
Now hurry up at be 2:57 p.m. so I can get my baby!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy first day to Amy.

I love that you took a photo in front of the same door every year. My Mom did that too :)
XO

Genn said...

Oh my gosh traci, this post is so sweet!
That picture of Hannah hugging Amy is just PRECIOUS! It almost made me cry.
I had to call my best friend today to hear all about her son's first day of kindergarten.
I can't believe my girls are almost school aged. It goes so fast.
She's darling.
I hope she has a grade year in the third grade. :)

Tawni716 said...

Awww how sweet & sad at the same time! She looks so excited & proud!

It makes me realize how soon Pay will be in school! Ahhhh I am soooo excited to be a room mom! LoL I'm such a dork!!!!!

XoXoXo