Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Out with the old, in with the new

FENCE THAT IS!!!
We have been wanting to replace the rotting old fence in the front yard for along time now.  
This weekend we decided to just do it!
We headed to Lowe's and bought fencing and a new BBQ for Kent. (We recycled our others that were broken and had a nice chuck to put towards a new one).  Anyway, we came home and got started right away.
 No more fence.
 Then we rented this hole auger.  I tried to help Kent but let me tell you, I am no where even close to be strong enough to do this.  Some of the post had rotted out in the dirt.  So not only did they have to dig a hole, but they had to get through the old post stuck in the ground.  Good thing Rick was home and he came out to help!
 The it was time to cement the new poles in.  The girls got to help dad with the cement.
 Starting to look like a new fence.
 By now its pouring, do you think that stopped us?  Nope, we kept on working.  
 BTW, Amy took these pictures of us in the rain, screwing in the brackets.

 Insta- fence!!  I love it.  
What do you think???

4 comments:

Genn said...

Your new fence looks GREAT! AND you guys are true troopers to power through in the rain and get it done!! I would have gone inside I think. Noce work! Cute pictures.

Anonymous said...

traci it looks so good!

Tawni716 said...

I love it!!! Now we need to come have a picnic in your front yard!! =) xoxoxo

The Farm-Marm said...

Nice! Nick and the boys just put up a fence in our front yard. It's a four panel wood farm fence. one of these days I'll get a picture of it on the blog....