Turkey Meatballs with Zucchini
Sorry I don't have lots of pictures, its hard to cook and stop to take pictures. I get focused and all I can think about it cooking. Anyway, when I make spaghetti theses days I either use a spaghetti squash or zucchini instead of pasta. The spaghetti squash has been a bit pricey so I settled on these mexican squash, basically its a zucchini.
Here we go:
First I washed the zucchini and sliced them fairly thin. Then put a 1/2 cup of egg white substitute in a bowl and in a separate bowl 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, 1tbls of garlic powder. Dip each zucchini in the egg white and the cote it with the parmesan mixture and lay them in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Bake on 350 for 30 min. or so until soft I flipped mine half way to get both sides browned.
For the Turkey Meatballs
Again no picture until the leftovers! Sorry. I will try harder next time.
1 lb of ground Turkey
1/2 fiber one cereal (ground up to bread crumb consistency)
2 tbls flaxseed meal
1/4 c finely chopped onions
1/4 c Italian seasoning
1 c unsweetened almond milk
garlic powder, salt, pepper to taste
Using your hands mixed everything together in a bowl, then make your meatballs by rolling out the size of meat you want. Add them to a prepared baking dish.
Bake on 350 for 1 hr. , then pour 1 jar of TJ's low carb marinara sauce over the meatballs and continuing cooking until the sauce is bubbly.
Serve over the baked zucchini or spaghetti squash.
We had a salad on the side too.
Seriously, this was so yummy.
Low Cal and very healthy.
This morning was a new and exciting thing too.
Egg in a mug
Spray the inside of a large coffee cup
add:
1/2 cup of egg white substitute
2 tbls of taco meat (left over from kids tacos the other night)
2 tbls of low fat cheese or 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese
stir together and place in microwave. Cook for 1 minute then stir and cook an additional 1-2 minutes depending on your microwave. (mine took almost 3 minutes total to cook)
NOTE: The mug handle is HOT!! Be careful.
NOTE: The mug handle is HOT!! Be careful.
Top with Salsa or in my case I poured a little Cholula over the top and eat!!
YUMMY and only like 116 calories, very little dishes.
YUMMY and only like 116 calories, very little dishes.
2 comments:
i love making eggs in mugs, until i got pregnant and the sight of eggs makes me run to the bathroom!
I'm sooo making these turkey meatballs!! Thank you for posting the recipe :)
Post a Comment