Thursday, February 10, 2011

This day sucks!!!

Welp, this was not the post I was dreaming of today.
I usually think of what I might blog about during the day and this did not even cross my mind.
Today, my house cleaner comes and I usually DON'T come home on these days, well because it makes me feel lazy and if I am eating my lunch as she cleans around me, I feel like I should clean with her. BUT today, I had chicken defrosting on the counter for dinner and I knew I HAD to come home to put it in the fridge(otherwise by 5:30 or so tonight it would be ruined). Anywho, I was sitting at a red light about 1:43 p.m. on the corner of Corydon and River Road, waiting patiently for the green arrow, when I glanced in my rearview mirror and saw this lady SLAM right into me. Yep, she hit me, HARD. As I get out of my car I could see the damage. My heart sunk. This is my new Jetta barely a year old! WTH??? I walked back to her and I say, what were you doing? "Obviously you weren't paying attention." She says "I sorry, I adjusting the radio for my son". PERFECT, I think to myself you dumb B****! Why can't people just drive and pay attention to what they are doing? This is now a hugh HASSEL for me and I was MINDING my own business, PAYING ATTENTION to the light!! This SUCKS!
My stroller is wedge pretty good inside that trunk and the insurance agent told me to let the body shop remove it so that if its damaged it can be made a part of the claim. We can look in the trunk from the back seats and the wheel on the stroller looks a little suspicious. As well as where the top of the stroller pushed into the back of the seat, the seat feels a little dented. So I will make them check that out too. Did I tell you this SUCKS???
Oh ya and she must have called her family while we were parking, because while I am getting her information a car load of people pull up behind her and check on the situation. So I get back into my car, call Kent to make sure I had gotten everything I needed from this dumb woman and he thought I should get something else. So I walked back to her car and she is crying with her family. Me miss empathy says "Look your not hurt, I am not hurt your son is fine, I'm pissed off, but get over and give me the rest of your information!" So she did.
FYI, I am ok. My back around 4:00 started to stiffen up and my neck when I bob my head forward hurts. I kind of expected that from the impact. I am sure tomorrow I will be really feeling the joints.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh man! I am so sorry! That is so bogus! Poor Traci and poor Jetta! Well I hope you can get it fixed sooner than later. Glad you are not hurt though.

Genn said...

Oh what a bummer Traci! But the good thing is you were not hurt and that your babies were not in that backseat with you!!!! Just think of it that way. It's a blessing if you do. And so is insurance. A blessing I mean. Right? Hope today is better for you.
You need to go get you some Dr Teals bath salts!!

Anonymous said...

Oh no!!!!! That stinks!! I'ms orry! I hope you have a better weekend i'm glad it wasn't worse & you're okay but it still stinks.
XO