We have a couple of appliances that were just not making the cut anymore. Our washing machine works but it is starting to struggle a bit. The dishwasher doesn't dry the dishes and we are just plan tired of drying every dish out of the dishwasher to put them away. Since I am still working we thought this was a good time to buy the new appliances and be able to pay cash for them with my checks.
Here is the new washer, ain't she a beauty?
She is a whirlpool Energy star with a HUGH tub. I can wash my Cal King Comforter in this bad boy! It take some getting use to too the water saver and tub, but I have done a couple of loads and overall I am very happy with it. Its weighs the clothes so it knows how much water to use instead of adjusting the water level manually. She is a clever little thing I tell ya. She's a bit bigger then the dryer, but who cares?
Funny story here, we have hated our non drying dishwasher for some time now. Well, we shpped and looked EVERY place under the sun. Buying a new dishwasher is much harder then you would think. I would look inside and know that my dishes won't fit in one load. Ugh. We finally went to Pacific Sales in Corona and found my dishwasher very quickly. So we bought it and the washer together but they didn't have it available to take home until Tuesday. So Monday night when I was loading the dishwasher I told Kent the "heat dry was not on". So I turned it on and told the dishwasher this was her last wash and last night in our home. Closed the door and started her up. Next day, when I went to unload her, she was dry EVERYTHING was dry! All this time and all I needed was the heat dry to be on. Well, she still needed to be replaced. She was starting to rust and the plastic coating was coming off on the wires that hold the dishes. Still very funny. I like the buttons on the top of the door so a little miss Hannah won't be messing with them anymore. She probably was the one turning heat dry on and off. I have to keep her off the door too, she tends to climb on the door when its open for some reason. UGH. Kids.
Diet update: still at 13 lbs today, starting to feel a little discouraged. I know I need to get the work out in each day and the pounds will drop off.
Recipe for tonights dinner if anyone is interested:
Sesame fish
1lb of Tilapia ( I use Mahi Mahi)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
2 tablespoons of lite soy sauce
1 teaspoon of chopped garlic
2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
Spray a broiler pan with vegetable oil. Place fish on pan, whisk together the olive oil, rice vinager, soy sauce and garlic until well blended. Pour over fish and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Broil on medium heat 8 inches from the heat for about 20 minutes. Serve with brown rice and veggies. (FYI, no brown rice here I am just getting fish with veggies).
I have made this 3 times and we love it, so good.
4 comments:
Love your new toys!!! I call them toys, because I use mine as toys ... gotta love cleaning! =) Payton likes to climb in my dishwasher too! UGH! I get frustrated sometimes when I'm loading dirty ones as she is taking them out ... grosses me out! LoL Don't be discouraged with your diet ... just keep on trucking girl! If you need tips or a workout buddy call me! Love you! =) PS can't wait for Tierra Del Sol ... woot woot! Do you have a menu planned yet?
Yes, I need a workout buddy, tips or both! I am looking forward to Terra Del Sol too. Getting the motorhome packed this weekend. Yes, I have my menu of my 17 day diet book. I am just following that. Only problem is no alcohol!! What to do what to do???? Love you too my friend. xoxox
Hi Traci!
Pretty new appliances!
Don't get discourage about the weight loss. You are not alone on your journey. I am trying to get back to my pre baby weight and right away I lost 5 or 6 pounds and this week seems like none. BUT, I do notice a difference in my waist line even though I haven't lost more this week. Remember that you want to keep yoru muscle too, and muscle is heavier than fat.
I made mahi mahi last night for dinner too and we both thought it was the best fish we've ever had! It was a recipe from my TJ's cookbook. I will blog it. Yours sounds good too.
Mahi Mahi is soo much better than Talapia, wise choice my friend :) Yummo it sounds like too!
I'm sooo proud & happy for you & your new healthy lifestyle that is so awesome!!
Congrats for the new appliances woo hoo!
XOXO
Post a Comment