** Warning Warning this is a long post**
Today my nana turns 87! Yep, she was born on Valentines day.
I believe God had a hand in that too, he made this woman have the biggest, forgiving, loving heart around.
She is gracious, Godly and I have never heard her say a bad or spiteful word in my life.
Meet Letha aka Nana, nana great , mom
So yesterday the family had a birthday party for nana at her assisted living home in Burbank. She told me she thought it was going to be just her kids. She was so happy to see everyone and just couldn't believe we would all come to her.
We had a big potluck, cake and cupcakes.
My dad aka papa with Hannah. He was showing her pictures on his phone.
This is my cousin Diane and she is holding the newest addition to our ever growing family.
Meet Maddie, she is 4 mos old and I am telling you so cute.
Rick and papa. These 2 have always had a very close bound. I LOVE IT! and I love them.
Nana with her 5 children.
She was an only child and always long for a sibling. So her and my papa had 5 children.
Hannah enjoying her cupcake.
Nana opening up her gifts and cards.
This is my sister in law Many with her daughter Samantha.
Samantha turned 12 on Sunday. She could totally pass for my daughter, don't ya think?
My brother holding Maddie. He must have been telling a BORING story he put her to sleep with her finger in her eye. I am sure she was thinking I would rather poke my eye out then to listen to this guy talk any longer! HAHAHA We know how you feel Maddie. I kid, I kid. We love my brother. He just tends to be a bit long winded.
Me and my special Nana.
Amy, Nana and Hannah.
Some more family chillin' outside.
After the party, Samantha wanted us to join her and her family at Bj's for her birthday celebration. I guess you could call it the "after party" party. So we did!
So pretty.
Amy and Luke, he is my youngest nephew and this boy is full of beans. Love him though.
Me and william he is the middle child and super sweet. I think he could pass for mine to. Boy, that Cotterall gene is strong!
Glad we had a chance to spend time with not only my family but with my extended family. We use to see each other once a month as we were growing up but now that the family has gotten so large it just isn't that easy anymore. However, I have already been hit up to host another girls party this summer. So we will be planning that soon.
So information about my family.
Nana and papa =
5 kids who all married and had 13 children between them.
Those 13 grandchildren have married and had 24 children
of those great grandchildren their are 2 great great grandchildren.
How exciting that Nana has been able to see her family grow.
So if you do the math you can see why we are not getting together as often, we just can't fit everyone in one house anymore.
4 comments:
Happy Nday to your sweet nana! What a neat lady she sounds like. And what a big family you have! Wow! That is wonderful.
Happy Valentine's Traci.
Woops, I meant Bday not Nday!!
:)
Happy Birthday to you Nana!
Very sweet post...I luv the photo of you & your daughter at the end, too cute!
XO
YEAH!!! I am sooooo glad you posted this. Trafton and I would've given anything to be there at the party!! We love her soooo much and miss seeing her and you guys!!! We just need more vacation time and a limitless spending account to come visit more often!! Love you!!
Post a Comment