Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mount Rubidoux

Still catching up on my blog.  Last Wednesday after the swim party and after dinner, I suggested we go walk up Mt. Rubidoux.  Kent and I have never done that, it sounded like fun, besides it was a really nice evening.  So we tossed the kids in the car, googled how to get there and off we went.  We ended up parking at the dog park, next time we will park in front of doctors house and walk.  We hiked up an area that had been burned not long ago, we didn't know where the trail that was paved began.  Let me tell you what we walked up was VERY difficult.  At one point I had already gotten up an area and then had to reach down to help Kent with the stroller.  I asked someone along the way if this was the only trail.  She directed us for the next time. No stroller the dirt would have been fine, I recommend if you have a stroller enter and walk the paved area only!! HAHAHA
We made it to the top!
 The cross looked so pretty up close.
 I love the american flag.  I think we have the most beautiful flag there is.  When it is waving in the wind it looks amazing and makes me thankful for the soldiers that have fought for our freedom.
 She is a mess from swimming, I didn't even comb her hair we left so quickly.
 This little one didn't want her picture taken.
This was a very fun evening with the family.  I couldn't believe how crowded it was there.  The different types of people that walk it too was crazy.  
I think I am finally caught up on old stuff, next entry will be last weekend at the river!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So great! I LOVE this post! What time did you guys go around, it looks perfect, not too hot, pretty sunset. Very cute family you are :)

Tawni716 said...

How fun! When are you guys doing it again? Maybe we will join you! Pay & I at least! =)