Sunday night at approximately 1:45 a.m., yes you read that right A.M.!! I got up to go to the bathroom and I could hear Ricky making lots of noise in his room. I thought it was weird but headed back to bed. About a minute goes by and Rick comes flying into our room with a flash light and says "dad, get up there is a huge mouse in our house!" So Kent doesn't move, he is sound asleep. Me on the other hand sits up and say "WHAT?" Rick again, "mom its a huge mouse come look." It was in his room and when he was trying to get it, it ran under his door and into the living room. So I stumble to the living room he moves the girls chairs and it scurries across the living room into the bar. My eyes are now wide open, I say "Rick, THAT IS A RAT NOT A MOUSE!" We now go into the bar and its behind the dog house. Rick hands me the flashlight and he moves the dog crate. It runs out behind where I am standing, I get on my tippy toes, yell and jump up and down. The rat is now chasing me. My heart is in my chest and I am freaking out! It runs into the dinning room and darts behind a playpen I have sitting there. Rick says "MOM, GO WAKE UP DAD, CAUSE YOU ARE NO HELP, I NEED HIM TO HELP ME,!" I say "dad is not going to get up, he is sound asleep he will tell me its no big deal. I tell Rick get a bucket and we will trap it. So Rick gets a bucket while I hold a flashlight, keeping an eye on the rat from a very safe distance I might add. Rick moves the playpen it darts out and he gets it with the bucket. Problem is its head is sticking outside of the bucket. I say "yayy, you are my hero you got it!! BUT I don't thinks its dead." So Rick lifts the bucket up and slams it back down on the rat. Now there is a trickle of blood running on my tile floor. Ricks replies "mom, its dead now!" Now Rick wants a pair of yellow Kitchen gloves to dispose of it. I don't own any. He gets a pair of rubber gloves and I get him a bag to put it in. Rick says, "mom, don't you want to take a picture of it for your blog?" Way to look out for your mommy son! I say oh yes, grab my camera and snap a quick picture and then he disposes of the rat, he even cleans the blood off the tile for me! My hero!!
Of coarse now I can't sleep. I envision more friends of the rat running through my house. I think of them in bed with my girls or me. So I had every light on and sat at my computer with my feet up and talked about it on FB until almost 4:00 a.m.. Let me tell you how many people are up at that time on FB. We had over 200 entires on my FB page. I have not found any droppings or any other rodents running around. So I am hoping he was the only one and we killed him before he could go get his friends like in Ratatouille.
5 comments:
OMG! LoL I can completely imagine you freaking out haha YUCK ... I think I would have died! I freak out like that when it's a cricket or spider, I can't imagine a rat!! Yay, Rick ... he is totally your hero!
What did Kent say when he found out he slept thru the whole ordeal? He must be a heavy sleeper!
HA! Kent was like oh, that kind of stuff doesn't even phase him. Thats why I didn't bother trying to wake him up!!
Oh my gosh...I would freak out!! I hate things like that! I added you to my list so that I can keep up!
UGH!!!
OMG that is a funny story though.
I love how he was looking out for your blog too. Rats are so gross. I am suprised your screaming did not wake your whole house. :)
WHO WOULD STAY UP THAT LATE?!? hahahahahaha! ME and My mother! LOL :)
Post a Comment