Friday, June 24, 2011

It's all about Amy

June 23,2003 a beautiful girl was born.
Named Amy Nicole
she was a 7 lbs 11 oz bundle of joy.
How did she turn into an 8 year old?
I made these little aprons for the girls.
 Yesterday, Hannah and I started to make Amy's birthday cake.  Amy wanted Strawberry shortcake.  Anyway, Amy wanted to help make her cake.  Since it was her day, we let her.
 They took turns putting in the ingredients.
 They enjoyed a little of the batter.  Do you let your kids lick the batter?
Since it was Amy's birthday it was her choice at what we did.  She had wanted her BFF to come over but they had plans for yesterday already.  She wanted Chicken Stars for lunch and swim all day.  So thats what we did. 
Amy was helping Hannah get the goggles tight.
 Then she jumped in with Amy.
 They giggled and laughed.
 Amy showed me some tricks

 I even got in the pool for a bit too.
 Cartwheel into the pool.  Do you remember doing this when you were little?
 Flips

 This week is VBS (Vacation Bible School) So we got out of the pool and cleaned up for that.  It's 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. every night for the week.  Kind of puts a damper on dinner for Amy's birthday.  Plus Kent had to work late on Thursday, so we went to dinner early on Wednesday for her birthday before VBS.  When we got home on Thursday, daddy was still working in Thousand Oaks and Rick had left to do some piercings.  Ya, know the boy pierces people right? So it was just us girls for cake.
Happy birthday Amy.
 Hannah and I sang to her.  She blew out her candle and made a wish.
 Then I set the timer on the camera and we attempted to take pictures of the 3 of us.
 Hannah was in a silly mood, it was hard to get her to smile pretty.
 So we joined her in silliness.
 Then we ate the strawberry shortcake.
 Then we opened gifts.
 More silliness.
 Clothes and headbands.
 Glee karaoke for wii.
 ihome, charger and speakers for her ipod touch.
 Then the 3 of us sand along with glee.

It was getting late after 10:00 p.m., daddy and Rick still not home.  So we went to bed.  I let the girls sleep with me until daddy got home.  I am sure he loves when he gets home at 12:30 a.m. to find he gets to carry not one but two girls to their beds before he can go to sleep.  :)
The big birthday bash is Saturday so hopefully we can make it up to her then.

Happy birthday my sweet Amy girl,
I love you so very much.  I am so proud of the young lady you are turning into.  You have such a caring and loving heart.  You always want whats best for everyone else.  You are a terrific big sister, always helping Hannah and trying to teach her new things.  You are also an amazing little sister and love your brother so much.  You complete our family in a way that no one else could do.  Thank you for being who you are, I hope you never change!  
I love you.
Love,  Mommy

2 comments:

Genn said...

Happy Birthday Amy!
She is such a pretty little girl.
Sounds like she had a great day!

PS- thank you for easing my mind about the sealnts I need to get!!! I should have just asked you in the first place! I feel better now. Less scared. ;)

Tawni716 said...

How fun! Looks like Amy had a great Birthday & got her yummy cake she had been wanting! Yummmo! There better be some left for us - or I GUESS red velvet will do! ;) Can't wait to see you girls ... xoxoxoxo