It's really about Father's day, but Tawnya said I have been a slacker on blogging (which she is right) and needed to get some pictures up ASAP!
So here you go girl friend!
Father's Day weekend.
Kent's turn to pick what we do. Of coarse he wanted to go to the river.
So we loaded up the cars and headed to the river. I originally was going to follow Kent Friday night. With diesel prices what they are we have decided to leave the excursion at the river and commute back in forth in my jetta. Getting 42 mpg makes more since then 17 mpg. With me not working and money is tight it makes much more sense. Any how, my parents decided last minute to go to the river as well, I haven't seen them in 2 months! I decided to get all my stuff together and hit the rode before Kent. This way I was able to get there and have dinner with them and catch up! It was really nice to have that time with them. They had a great trip and missed all of us, they really enjoyed the time too. I guess we were having too much fun because I never took one picture!
Our friends daughter Krista asked if she and her friend could join us on our boat Saturday, we said YES!! The more the merrier right? Well, turned out her folks, little bothers and her grandpa all decided to hit the lake with us too. Woot woot looks like a fun day to me!
We all hooked up and launched the boats and jet skis, found a beach and set up camp.
The kids wanted to tube so Kent blew that bad boy up and off we went.
Hannah was crying in the middle so they were telling us to STOP!
Justin and Jarrett
Krista and her friend Katie.
The crew.
Krista and Katie.
My princess and me.
So Hannah wanted to ride with Krista, they were sitting a bit to forward and when Kent took off the front of the tube sunk. Krista had cat like reflexes and grab Hannah as they went into the water. Hannah never even got her hair wet, thats how quick Krista was at keeping Hannah afloat. Hannah freaked out and would NOT get back on. So sad too because she LOVED the tube. Kent should have taken off faster so the tube would have lifted the front. So they never got to ride.
That didn't stop Travis and Amy from jumping back on.
Or from doing any tricks.
Finally back on the land. Having a much needed lunch break
Kids just goofing around. I love how much fun Amy and Hannah have with the boys. They really get along great!
After a great day on the water, my parents came over and we BBQ burgers and my mom made a fruit salad. Then my dad ran back to their place and got spinners and we placed spinners into the night. Again, having too much fun for pictures. UGH.
Father's Day Morning
Father's Day Morning
The man of the hour!
Hubby, daddy, dad, best friend, lover and all around amazing man!
Opening his new kicks, socks and watch!
After gifts Kent wanted to go out for breakfast, we headed to Earl's Castle. We also had a flat to attend too on the excursion. We have had a plug that was leaking in the tire for sometime now. I took it to have a patch done on Friday before we left for the river. On Saturday when we returned form the day on the lake the tire was flat! We drove from the launch ramp to the river house VERY slow. Sunday, Kent filled it with air and we took it to the only tire place open on Sunday/Father's day in Bullhead City. They tried to patch it but it was too large. We ended up buying a used tire to get through the summer. When we bring the excursion home in September, we will replace all four tires.
Anyway, we got on the water later then expected. It was another great day and Sunday had NO wind! Kent actually single skied, he did awesome, the water was glass. He was shredding and enjoying the ride. I on the other hand was driving the boat and had my 7 yr old flagging (illegally, I might add) and was unable to take any pictures. Hopefully fourth of July weekend we will have another adult to help out. Then Amy knee boarded. She is really getting good, she was shredding from side to side and was contemplating going outside the wake. She would get close and then get scared and head back into the middle. It was so cute and fun to watch.
Look at that girl!
Me and my baby!
So after yesterday we decided to make Hannah try the tube again. She freaked out! She isn't afraid of the tube but the water. So strange. So we told her to try and if she didn't like it we would stop. Well she screamed and I felt like we were traumatizing her so we stopped. Then I asked her to ride with me. She screamed bloody murder but I made Kent keep going. I held her tight and tried to comfort her. It was NOT happening. She put her hand out to say stop to daddy, but he just waved back. I told her she had to use the sign for stopping when you are on the river. So she reached up and tapped her head. Kent couldn't resist that and stopped the boat. We were safely back in the boat and she was fine again. I sure hope we can over come this obstacle. I am going to show her some past pictures of her tubing, hopefully that will encourage her again.
Hannah wanted to find a SANDY beach and play for a while. So daddy found us a nice beach and I actually laid out on the engine area of the boat while the kids and daddy did this
and that.
Ahh, a girl after my own heart. Relaxing on the blue water, without a worry in the world.
Happy Father's day to my wonderful hubby, my amazing father and terrific father in law!
You guys are all very special and have been great inspirations to all of us. With out you we would be nothing. Thanks for all that you do!
2 comments:
How fun!!! Looks like a great time! Poor Hannah ... hope she overcomes that fear too. To this day I still won't try to waterski after being dragged under the water ... I'm still scared! I may have to try knee boarding, that actually looks fun! Glad Kent had a Happy Father's Day weekend!
Where did your parents go for that long? You told me but I forget!
PS it's MNO not MDO get it right! haha j/k It was a funny movie ... pretty sure Will would have laughed - he just said there are other movies he'd much rather sit thru at the theater - like Hangover 2 or Super 8 & Mom totally forgot to grab Link's bathing suit when she went to pick her up ... haha I had cuter pics but didn't want anyone to see her boobies! & NO didn't do it ... I wanted to, maybe next time =)
Thanks for the post FINALLY! I appreciate the shout out! xoxoxoxo
Ah happy late Fathers Day to your hubs. You can tell he is a great father & you guys are a great team!
P.s. I want to come to the river with you! Hahaha do you guys go to Parker? We're going next month.
Post a Comment