Saturday, January 9, 2010

Word to think about

At the end of December a couple of the blogs I enjoy reading were coming up with a word for the new year. A word, one that you think about often and try to better yourself with. I have been pondering this now for a couple of weeks and couldn't think of a word that I liked. Its sounds much easier then it actually is. So as I was taking the trash out, I happened to look at the side of my fridge, (this is where I have magnets and sayings) I saw the word character. Thought about what it meant and decided that was my word.

Character: A noun, the quality of being an individual, a person's good reputation, strength and originality in a person's nature.

The character that we portray is one that we pass onto our children. I want my children to see me as a good person, caring, compassionate, not easily angered, honest and Godly.

Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes....
your destiny.
author unknown

3 comments:

Trae said...

I really miss you!! I need a California and Traci fix pronto!! =] Love you, Steph

Cozart Family said...

Well Girl, come on out! I would love to see you and your beautiful family! The weather is nice and warm. We could take all the kids to disneyland! Love you too.

Genn said...

That word. I love it. Great choice. Great word, and that is a great quote and so so so true. As parents especially we should always have that on our minds. Thanks for the reminder tonight.