I feel like I am trying to make and create new foods that are not only healthy but taste good too. I have been taking recipes and really changing how they are made.
I had an old recipe for flour tortilla's, super easy to make. I changed the flour to whole wheat and again in stead of oil I used sugar free apple sauce. Verdict = Hannah, Kent and Ricky liked, Amy = wouldn't even try them, me = just ok. The thinner ones where much better then the thicker ones for sure!
If anyone wants the recipe let me know and I will post it.
Next up Hasselback potato's.
This was on Tasty Kitchen and was loaded with butter, fat, cheese and complete goodness.
However, since I no longer eat this way, I changed the total recipe up.
First I washed and scrubbed 3 russet potato's.
Then I made a few slices in each, being careful not to cut all the way through.
Rubbed a bit of olive oil on the outside and sprinkled with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Then I look one laughing cow cheese (per potato) and divided it up evenly in between each slice. Place them in a baking dish and foiled the top. I cooked on 400 degree oven for about 45 minutes or until almost done, then I removed the foil and sprinkled mozzarella cheese on top of each potato (less then a 1/4 cup on each. Continued baking with out foil for about 10 minutes. The cheese was melted and brown. The kids put a bit of sour cream on top. I felt that it didn't need it.
Verdict: me = YUMMY, will do it again. Amy = BEST potato EVER! Hannah = doesn't like any kind of potato, Rick = loved it with butter and sour cream, Kent = Liked it but would rather have a sweet potato.
I only ate half, Kent and I shared one. However, I would have eaten the whole darn thing if I wasn't being so good!
Try it, I guarantee if you like a baked potato and cheese you will love this!
4 comments:
Those potatoes look yummy!
I just bought stuff to make a sweet potato pie (but no sweet potatoes, using butternut squash) from the HR books. I'll blog it if it's good.
I might be trying those potatoes if it ever cools down!! They look yummy!
okay seriously those potatoes sound amazing I'll def try those sometime soon! So proud of you in all your healthy eating ways & positive changes you've made :) Luv it
I want a potato!!! YUMMMM
Post a Comment