Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Comfort food

  Last week when it rained and was so cold, I made a pot of chicken vegetable soup and whole wheat biscuits.  
These biscuits are PW with a catch.  Instead of regular flour I used whole wheat, I replaced the oil and butter for sugar free applesauce.  They were pretty darn good.  I figured the calories out and guessed them to eat be about 66 calories.  Not bad.
 For the Chicken and Vegetable soup, I boiled a couple of skinless boneless chicken breast in organic chicken broth from TJ's, then I added a chopped onion, with lots of spices and herbs.  I took the chicken out, shredded it and put it right back in the pot.  About an hour before dinner I dumped a bag of asian stir fry veggies also from TJ's.  Verdict = DELISH!!!!!

1 comment:

Genn said...

Hi Traci!
Look how many posts I have missed!
I don't think my blog reader is keeping track very accurately these days. It is not updating a lot of my blogs I read.
I'm sorry!

That comfort food looks good and healthy!!
You are clever mixing it with the applesauce, never would have thought of that. yum!
oh- yes we love the cupcake wines!
We've tried the Malbec which is really good, that bottle on my recent post was called red velvet and it was god, and I like their chardonnay too.