Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September already?

Hi!  How are you?  Did you have a nice long weekend?
  Can you believe its September?  What do you think about this HOT weather?
I am sure you can guess where we were for Labor day weekend.
We originally planned to leave Friday night, Kent had to work in Ventura and knew he would be late getting home.  So we changed to leaving at 5:00 a.m  on Saturday.  that way we could get to the river, unload the car, load the boat and get some food for the day and still be able to enjoy the water.  With the fire we had Friday night on the Cajon Pass,  I was happy we didn't try to get through that mess.  Anyway, Kent got home around 10 p.m. Friday night.  I was almost asleep when he got home. Last week was very draining for some reason.  Anyway, we didn't end up leaving until 6:00 a.m. Saturday morning.  We didn't have any traffic which was VERY nice.  We stopped at Del Taco in Barstow for breakfast.  Then onto the 40, well after driving a bit we heard of a couple of accidents.  One at Essix Rd and they need a life flight helicopter.  The other was closer to us, we ended up coming to almost a complete stop on the 40, they had the fast lane closed and as we drove by we could see the feet of a man hanging out of the ambulance.  They must haven been going fast, the minivan took a good portion of the center median.  Hope they are all okay   
Finally, made it to the river.  While Kent loaded the boat I ran to subway and got lunch for the day and ice.  Loaded the ice chest and we were on the lake by 11:30 a.m..  It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL.
 AMy knee boarded for a short time, but she doesn't like the handle on the new ropes so she doesn't spend the whole day doing stuff. =(
 We found a nice sandy beach!  We relaxed and played in the water.
 Can you see who is resting on the tube?  Its Kent, he NEVER rests on the tube.  
He is always go go go!
 After a while Kent suggested since the weather was amazing to pack up around 4:30 or 5p.m. and head to Cottonwood cove, have dinner in the cafe on the water and then head back to the launch ramp after that.  Perfect idea.  While we were packing up the beach, I had a terrible thing happen, my shoe broke!  Not just any shoe either but my river shoes. When Kent and I met 10 yrs ago, he took me on my first river trip with him, my mom gave me a pair of her shoes to wear.  I have used these shoes every summer at the river for 10 YEARS!! Now I know some of you are laughing and probably think its time to put those shoes to rest, but I love them.  They actually stay on my feet while walking in the water.  Unlike flip flops that you have to shuffle all the time in.  Lucky for me Kent had some electrical tape in the boat and I was able to repair them for a short walk on the dock to the cafe. 
 We were the only ones in the cafe.  The girls don't cha just love the river look?
 How come Kent looks good and my hair is a train wreck?
 The girls wanted to sit at the counter and look at the marina.  Look how beautiful it is!
 After dinner we walked into the store and bought me a pair of flips and I said a prayer to my shoes and carefully laid them down in the trash.  Sniff sniff RIP beach shoes......
Then we walked through the camp ground to check it out. It was getting dark so we decided we better get a move on it.
We were leaving the dock and I had forgotten to take a picture of the Cafe, Sorry this is the best I could get.
 We arrived back to the dock about 8 p.m., it was dark and the launch ramp was packed.  I usually dive the boat, while Kent gets the car.  Then I usually drive the boat on the trailer. Well, with it being so dark and i didn't have any glasses I decided to hold the boat at the dock and let Kent get the car back it in to the water then walk over t the boat jump in and drive the boat on the trailer while I was people watching and protecting my girls from the drunks on the dock and the yelling at each other because people had to much to drink.  I wanted to get the heck out of there!  We made it safely out of there!  
Sunday we got up and did it all over again. 
 We stayed down by the dam on a sandy beach.
 More playing in the water ad staying cool.
 More relaxing.
 These people made this water slide and we sat and watched them go down it all day.  They got some crazy air at the end!!
 we did a lot of this.


 Some more of that.
Had another great river trip!  We decided to come hoe on Monday morning, tat way we could get grocery shopping done and be ready for the week of school and work.  Kent's parents had a BBQ at their house too, so we came home and had an amazing dinner of Ribs, salads and stuffed jalapenos for dinner. Perfect ending to a perfect weekend.

1 comment:

Tawni716 said...

Fun, fun, fun! Can you believe summer is over!? Well in my book it is! LoL I know we will do at least 1 more river trip tho ... so looking forward to it! xoxoxo PS - sorry about your shoes ... but 10 years!!! haha xoxoxo