Monday, September 26, 2011

All in a weekend....

I think I am glad it's Monday.  We had such a busy and fun filled weekend.
Kent has been working in Northridge a lot so he gets home later then usual the last few weeks.  Anyway, my friend Michelle had asked if amy and I wanted to join them Friday night at the movies.  Unfortunately, Kent didn't get home until 7 p.m. and that is the time the movie started.  I don't like taking Hannah to the movies yet, she is the only one of my three that just can't sit through it.  So I had to back out.   Kent had asked me to get all our weekend errands done on Saturday while he was working so that on Sunday we could have a family fun day instead of a family run errands day.  So me and the girls went and did some of the errands, however, Hannah was very tired and getting cranky, she had a sleepover in Amy's room the night before, I don't think either of them got a very good nights sleep.  We ended up coming home so I could give her a much needed nap.  After Rick got home from work, he watched the girls so Kent and I could just run to Staters and get the rest of the groceries (after stopping at Starbucks for a skinny carmel frap).  It was so nice to have a drink without sharing it with the kids!!  We made a nice dinner at home and then Amy and I ran to The Crossings to catch the 7:40 p.m. show of DolphinTale. Great movie!!  It was so nice to have a "date" with my little girl.  We talked, laughed and I just really enjoyed some alone time with her.  I think I need to make this a regular thing in in our lives.  A little one on one girl time!! Thanks Amy for a fun night!  You rock pumpkin!
Oh, while we were enjoying the movies Hannah and daddy went to wash his work truck, then they went to Pinkberry for a treat and then to Trader Joe's to pick up a few things for breakfast in the morning.  They had a good time too. =)
Sunday Funday-
Kent made us whole wheat blueberry pancakes with sugar free syrup! Can you say YUMMY!!  I haven't had pancakes in a long time, they tasted so good.  We then headed off to church.  After church we packed up snacks, water and grabbed some sweatshirts then headed to Knott's.  (I must say we go so much, that I am getting a bit bored with it)  the girls on the other hand love it!  It was EMPTY!!  We walked onto every ride. I think the only wait was the 2nd time on the log ride ride and it might have been 10 minutes.  The weather was perfect too.  We ended up staying until the park closed at 5:30 p.m..    
Just a few pictures of the fun day we had.  






Only thing that would have been better is if Rick would have come. 

1 comment:

Genn said...

hi traci!
sounds like a great weekend.
at blog sugar i took a few notes during the different conferences, and one of the things i highlighted that i really want to do more, was spend one on one time with my girls. your movie date with amy sounded so sweet. i really need to do that especially with hannah!
cute pics at the park on sunday too. your family is so cute.