Monday, November 8, 2010

Quick trip to Simi Valley

Well, Kent has been working so much lately leaving the family home without him. He work Friday all day and night, we didn't even see him until about 11:00 a.m on Saturday and the he worked again Sunday from 6:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m.. So I decided to take advantage of it and go to Simi Valley to visit my family. Me, and the kids (Including Ricky, I know he is almost 20 so when I say kids most people only think of the girls) headed out to Simi Valley. I had called my dad a couple days prior to make sure they would be home. My mom's birthday was Friday and I thought we would surprise her for her birthday. Anyway, my dad had told me that my nephew would be getting baptized on Sunday in the afternoon. So we got to go to that too. Luke was so excited that we were there for his special day. We got to Simi about 10:00 a.m., my mom was shocked and surprised to see all of us. She loved it, I was able to give her a b day gift and pictures of the kids. My sister and her kids came home and we all visited. I brought lunch for me and Hannah and my parents and Rick told Amy and Kory to in and out burger for lunch. Away, about 3 :00 p.m. we headed to the church where 18 kids were being Baptized. That is awesome!!
Hannah sitting on Aunt Tami and her bf Scott.
Rick and Amy (oops, someone is playing pac man on his droid in church)
Hannah was loving the singing and worship.
Luke telling us why he wanted to be Baptized.

Kind of a cool thing, the kids could ask someone to was instrumental in their Christian life to baptize them. So my brother had that opportunity to baptize his son. Some kids the pastor baptized, some kids had moms or step dads baptize them.
This is the group of kids that dedicated their life's to Christ on Sunday.
Congratulations, may God bless you and keep you all safe in his ever loving arms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah how special that you got to see his batptism, hope you had a great time! :)