Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter weekend extravaganza

I bet you won't believe what we did for Easter? Ah, you guessed it, camping again!
I bet you can't guess where we camped? Ah, you guessed it again, Ocotillo Wells.
I bet, oh never mind, you already know.
We arrived fairly early on Good Friday and actually got a ride in that afternoon.
Saturday, we did more of the same, lots of riding and visiting with our fellow campers.

So Hannah has already had her first run in with the law. While doing this with her daddy.
Yep, you heard me, she got pulled over. Kent was riding Hannah around the camp fire in our camp and the Ranger turned on his lights and siren and pulled them over. Why you ask? Well Kent had NO helmet and riding double is illegal. Thank goodness no tickets but Kent got a lecture on how he was being a bad influence to the other kids in the group.
This meant the rest of the weekend Hannah got to ride her quad (or bike as she calls it) all by herself. Yep, I have her on video riding her quad and she isn't even two yet! Kent has the throttle turned way down, he can walk faster then the quad can go. Still she pushes the gas and goes.
Saturday afternoon, we rounded up the kids and dyed Easter eggs.
Hannah's first time, she would get an egg and toss it in the cup and all the dye would splash every where. Glad we were outside.


After the eggs were all colored, I had brought a cookie decorating kit and the kids decorated a cookie and walked away eating them.
I got a bit overwhelmed with all the kids, so I didn't get a good picture of all of them.
About 12 kids or so.
Just because Hannah is so cute in my kitchen sink!
Our Friend Will, had a slight fall on his motorcycle Saturday afternoon. So that night our other friends the Browns had come by for a visit and Martha was kind enough to clean Wills wounds with peroxide.
and this one. Poor guy had some kind of scrape on EVERY limb.
The wind was blowing so hard Saturday night, we had to stand behind the motorhome to get out of the weather.
Easter morning, that silly rabbit hit a couple of baskets in the motorhome. Hannah's was behind the drivers seat.
Amy's was in our shower!! What was he thinking??
The girls digging into their treats.
Priceless
New shades.
Hannah and Payton playing with Paytons new toys.
Then we had a Easter Egg hunt. I believe there was 12 kids, and this was after 5 already had gone home. Yikes, I think the kids out numbered the adults this time.
On your mark, get set, GO!!
So cute.
Krista was helping Hannah get her candy out.
Girls still looking for more eggs.
After the egg hunt, we took a family ride to the tether ball.
The kids played a bit, the weather was beautiful.


I love this baby. Look at this face. Little Payton is so happy!
Next stop the street sign.
Amy, Jarrett and Travis hiked to the top.
HAPPY EASTER!!

2 comments:

Genn said...

Looks like a nice weekend with your family. :)

Tawni716 said...

I love all your pics. It's fun to look at them cuz mine are similar but different! xoxo