Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Seriously, its only Wednesday.....

and I didn't work Monday, ugh. We will start off with cute Hannah, she loves this computer my sister bought her for Christmas.

Rick was showering around bath time for the girls and Hannah wanted a BATH! So I filled up the sink and stuck her in. She was so happy. Amy wanted to give it a try but she didn't fit! LOL
So Monday, while I was getting my hair done, the nurse tried to call me. Amy had hit her head on the monkey bars at school. After several calls to me and no answer they called Kent, but by then they sent her back to class. That night she said her head hurt, but no other complaint. Tuesday night when I picked her up from COTH she said that her eye hurt, I glanced and brushed her off. Wednesday night, Kent and Rick are working late and COTH calls says they are concerned with Amy because her eye is droopy and red. She also told them it hurts behind her eye. So I am leaving work to get Hannah and then Amy. I call my cousin (a neonatal nurse) she said better to side on the safe side and take her in. Call Kaiser they go through all these questions that I can't answer because Amy is NOT with me yet. Finally, they say to take her to urgent care to be evaluated. Sorry, but I thought are you kidding me, no Kent tonight, so I have to haul two girls to Riverside and sit in urgent care for who knows how long. My girls are finally well and they want me to sit there with the sick people to wait. UGH. Not this mom. So I talk to my dad (Retired LAFD). He says to check her pupils, he had me shine a light in her eyes with a flash light to see how they dilate. Both eyes dilated the same. Then I took these next two pictures posted them on the blog for him to look at her from Bullhead City, AZ. Yep thats where they are right now. You can't really get the full look of the eye, but its definitely droopy. Dad says probably not an urgent care night but I should take her to the primary care physician tomorrow.
This picture I was trying to get the bruise so dad could see where it was and the bump. I don't know how to take up close pictures that are not washed out! I tried without the flash, but that didn't work either. He could still see what I was talking about.
Droopy left eye, which dad saw right away. The whites of her eye are not red but the area all around it is. If you look close, in the corner of her eye you can kind of see what I am talking about.
On top of all this my three day work week has not gone very well. I won't elaborate on my blog but Tuesday and Wednesday have been very stressful at work. UGH. I hope tomorrow is better!

1 comment:

Genn said...

Oh Traci, I'm sorry you are having a rough week. And I sure hope Amy's eye is ok!! How scary. And why does this stuff ALWAYS happen when your husband is not around? Hope things start looking up real soon.