We had an amazing Memorial weekend at the river.
With great friends, great food and lots of fun.
I took Amy out of school early on Friday, we (Hannah, Amy and myself) headed to the river. Kent was coming later after work. After we arrived we unloaded the car, did our grocery shopping for the weekend, walked to the river to play and then headed to el Placio for dinner.
The three of us had a great time.
My sweet girls cooling of in the river.
Finally daddy arrived with our friends. We visited for a bit, then they left for their hotel.
Saturday we hooked up early and headed to the lake. It was pretty windy but we powered through.
We found a beach to share with these guys. We thought for sure they would leave when we unloaded. Nope, they were there for the long haul. The momma had a very new baby with her. The other 3 burros where males. They taught our girls a crash course in sex ed or animal planet up close and personal. It was crazy!
The males would get a little aggressive from time to time.
Here is the baby. She wasn't looking very good and we decided to leave before we had another lesson in life out on the water.
So we packed up and headed out into the wind and rough water. T
he girls wanted to Knee board so they did.
The they wanted to tube
So they did. Here all 4 of them are on for a ride.
Hannah got a little nervous so she wanted to off.
After a full afternoon of boating and playing we headed in. I cooked burgers at the river house and we hung out there. Right after our friends headed to their hotel, we had a visit from another family arrive. The Leyva's came by for a visit. It was fun to visit with them too.
Sunday we knew it would be windy again, so we decided to head out on the river. Kent charged and purchased a new battery for the seadoo's and we headed out. Spent a great day down in Needles at our Friend Marilyn's place. Her son Darren and his family was there too. It was a great time. We headed down to Pirates cove just to check things out and on our way back to Marilyn's we found our friends on a beach. So we visited there as well. Sad our goodbyes and headed back up river. The wind was really going by then and the water was FREEZING. I made a yummy dinner of Chicken burritos and we visited again for hours. so fun, we laughed and laughed.
(No pictures from Saturday, I was busy driving the boat and just never had a chance to get it out of the bag). Oh ya, I think I hit something on the river because the prop has a little ding in it. Kent said no big deal he thinks he can repair it.
Monday = The most BEAUTIFUL day on the water.
No Windy, I mean absolutely NONE, ZIP, ZERO.
No one on the water either. they must have all been hung over or maybe heading home.
We actually found a beach area on near the dam, we hung out and the girls climbed the mountain, tubed, and water skied.
If you look closely I actually skied too. We only had the kids skis and I was in the water with the girls helping them, so I asked Kent to take the bar off the front and i slipped my feet in and net thing I was yelling hit it and up I went. I was laughing so hard and leaned back to much and fell. I also tried to get up on one ski and was not able too. My goal this summer is to get up on a single!!!
I was so proud of the girls, they really did great!!
We also came across this. Looks like someone was going to fast and hit something pretty hard and sunk the boat.
Weird to have it anchored right around the corner from us. I hope no one was hurt.
Ok thats it for now, I have more cute pictures to post. I'll be back tomorrow with some more.


1 comment:
Glad you had a fun long weekend! And way to go getting up there on those skiis too! Glad you got a nice day with no wind. Wind can really be a bummer out there.
Post a Comment