Monday, May 23, 2011

Strawberry Festival

Kent is working in Ventura, so Saturday we went to the Strawberry Festival in Oxnard.  If you park and ride its free but if you park at the festival its 10 bucks.  So we arrived at the mall to catch our bus.  Hannah was so excited to ride a bus. 
Not just any bus, it was a school bus!!
 We followed the bus into the parking lot and I showed the girls what our ride was and this is the reaction I got.
 Oh gosh, Hannah could hardly contain her excitement.  
She yelled over to us " I don't have to sit in a car seat and I don't have a seatbelt on".
 Amy wanted strawberry shortcake.  
 The rides where included in the cost of getting in, totally sucked because the wait for a ride was ridiculous.  So they rode the train, can you see how excited Amy was?
 We walked around to all the venders, but it was so crowded I couldn't stand it anymore.  They had too many people in a small area.  So I bought my strawberries and we got the heck out.  Rode the bus back to the car.  Which for Hannah was better then any ride at the festival.

As we headed home, I first tried to stop by the Weitzman's.  I use to be their nanny a long time ago.  However, they were about to leave.  So I will set up a time to go back just to see them!

As we were approaching Burbank, we decided to detour and see Nana.  we quickly jumped off the freeway and arrived at her living facility.  We searched high and low for this woman!  She has so many friends and does so much stuff everyday.  We finally found her in the dinning room with her friends.  She was so surprised to see us. we asked if she had ordered dinner.  She didn't remember and none of her friends seem to know either.  So she hoped up from the table and we walked to her room to get her purse.  The girls were so excited to spend sometime with nana great!
 We asked what she felt like and he said a burger sounded good. She was in luck!  Fuddruckers right down the street!  The girls insisted on sitting on either side of Nana great!
 Here we are waiting for our salads and NOT burgers. Boo for the diet!
 Back to Nana's place.  I take a picture of the girls running in the garage every time we go.
Look how big my baby looks. =(
 Back to her room to visit before heading home.  Hannah kept telling Nana she liked her new bed.  Nana kept telling Hannah she liked it too.  So cute.
 Here we all are. 
What a great day with family!  

2 comments:

Tawni716 said...

LoL ... so funny how Hannah was excited for the bus! I get that way when I get to ride on an airplane! LoL Looks like you guys had a great time with your Nana! Her smile shows how excited she was to see you guys! What a fun weekend! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

ah looks like a very good day with family! You are such a good Mom, friend & family member I must say :)

Amy did NOT look very thrilled about the train Mom jus sayn lol haha

Strawberry festival tho! What fun!!! S.shortcake is the best :)