Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sick babies

Last Thursday the school called and said Amy was sick. No fever but stomach ache, headache and just plan old not feeling good. I picked her up from school at lunch time and she slept most of the afternoon. Friday morning, she was still moving slow but I made her get ready for school. While sitting at the counter for breakfast I looked at her face. Her eyes were red and had that look of not feeling well. So I took her temp and it was 102.6. Back to bed she went. Basically, she was sick with a fever all weekend. By Saturday night she was red, I mean her face her arms her legs and just feeling yucky. Ended up calling my cousin who is a nurse for advice and then called Kaiser as well. Sunday morning she was better but Hannah had a slight fever and crabby. Kent went and did some errands for me while I stayed with the girls.
By Sunday afternoon both girls felt better. So we did what any good parent would do, we went to Knotts for a few hours (We have passes so we thought a little treat after being stuck at home for days). As the afternoon went on, Hannah started getting a fever again and fell asleep on me while waiting for daddy and Amy to get off a ride. We finally left, by the time we got home both girls had fevers again and not doing very good at all. Monday, sent Amy to school and get this 12 kids from her class out sick with a fever and flu. Hannah had a fever as well and was in our bed all night burning up. The school called at noon and thank goodness for grandpa he went and picked up Amy while I deal with Hannah and got her down for a nap. I sent an email to the girls MD and she said there is a influenza going around that is causing the kids to have high fevers as high as 104.0! Yikes that is scary. She said the symptoms are headache, body ache, stuffy head, stomach ache, coughing, worn down and overall just feel yucky. She said that lovely fever is lasting 5-7 days!! What?? This is crazy. Anyway, today is Tuesday and I had to work today. Amy went to school and still is just not her self yet. Hannah had a fever when Kent picked her up. She doesn't want to do much. Hope tomorrow they wake up feeling back to normal. I hope I don't get it either!!!
Hope your week is going better then ours!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh I hope they get better asap that is the worst when the little one's are down & out like that--as Noah is too :( Antibiotics are helping but the fever has been killer, I've been having to stay on top of it every 4hours with Tylenol.