Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Errands, park, horses and cute kids

Monday was a school holiday and I have been taking all school holidays off to spend with the kids. After all, I only gave my notice 6 weeks ago and still haven't found a replacement. Anyway, Amy had a sleep over at a friends Sunday night, so Monday it was just me and Miss. Hannah. We took our time with getting ready for the day. She had 3 different dress up outfits on AFTER I had gotten her dressed. So we just took our time. Here she is in her Final dress up and had to wear shopping outfit.
We headed off to the Dollar Tree to pick up some school supplies for Amy's class room. they have great deals for a buck. Then we headed off to Trader Joe's. Hannah always needs to push the little shopping cart. Anyways, as we rounded the corner of the frozen food aisle. I saw a familiar face, well it was Genn over at The Hass House (Could someone teach me how to input the link with out showing the whole web address)? We have been reading each others blogs for a couple of years but have never met until today. She is just as nice and as friendly as she is in her blog. We had a nice little chat and she met Hannah, it was so strange, like we new each other for years. The blog world is crazy I tell ya. We headed home and it was lunch time and nap time for Hannah. While Hannah was napping I made our dinner (chicken parmesan and put it in the fridge so all I would need to do is toss into the oven when I was ready). Good thing I did too, cause my friend called said the girls want to go to the park, by horseback and asked if Hannah and I wanted to meet them. Around 4:00 p.m. to left to the park. I snapped a few pictures of the horse ride down.


Once we arrived, it was packed! Not a big park girl, so I stress a bit about all the people and kids. The girls had a blast and I was able to visit with my friend.
Amy and Carly
Must have been in a deep conversation here.
Princess.
By this time it was after 5:00 and I called Kent to get the dinner cooking. Amy wanted to ride the horse back up to the house and Hannah just wanted to ride the horse. So my friend put Hannah on Bowie and let her ride around the corral for a few minutes. This kid was in Heaven. Then we helped them get on the trail, Hannah and I followed in the car.

What a nice day. The girls had a blast, I was able to get somethings accomplished, met a new friend, visited with an old friend and enjoyed the smiles on my babies faces.
Life is good!

3 comments:

Genn said...

What a great day yesterday turned out to be for you!
It was SO nice to meet you Traci. I told my husband, it was like we knew each other, I mean I guess by what we've learned about each other from blogging it might be more than we would know otherwise! You were just as nice and friendly irl too!! :)

Those pics of the girls on the horses as the sun is setting are so pretty. What a fun thing for you kids to do!

Tawni716 said...

How fun! So I guess you don't want to meet at a park? LoL Not a park girl? Well become one! xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I love these photos of the horseback riding!!
How funny you met Genn @ Trader Joes, I live across the street now so hopefully ill run into u soon too! :)