Saturday, January 15, 2011

All in a week

Is it just me or is it everyone, that each year gets busier and busier and harder and harder to find the time to do the things I enjoy? Its already been a week since I sat down and blogged. I have had time to blog stalk some of you. ;) Hope ya don't mind.

Well, I will start with Sunday, it was the usually busy day, church, Trader Joes and the grocery store. I made Potato cheese soup, thanks to my friend at the Hass house for the recipe and I paired it with PW meatloaf. If you haven't tried it I reckon you should. I am not a big meatloaf lover, but it is very good and makes for great sandwiches the next day.

Ah Monday Monday, so good to me.... I was off Monday, after dropping Amy off at school, Hannah and I came home, removed the Christmas lights from the house ( Yes, we have been busy and they were still up). Then I cut the rose bushes out front and swap the driveway and side of the house. Had I known that Friday would be so windy I probably would have not done that. Hindsight is 20/20. Plus, the laundry was done and Hannah and I had some time together reading books and playing. She was really enjoying the mommy and me time we had. Can I tell you something? I really enjoyed it too!! That Hannah is a crack up. After nap time we picked up Amy and started the dreaded homework for the week. While I started dinner. I made PW beef with snow peas and fried rice,I was having trouble remembering what I made this week cause I tossed the menu already. Yep, you read that right menu. I make a menu every week, then a grocery list from that, then I grocery shop. I know I am a freak, but thats what cha love about me.
Tuesday back to the grind and it was a busy day. I had a lady in for a working interview. I still like her, but Dr. and Karen not thinking she is the right one yet. We will keep searching. I made Steak, asparagus and fried potatoes for dinner.
Wednesday, I put some frozen chick in the crockpot and a few spices headed off to work. It was a very busy work day we had working interview for the Lab and it went well, Hired him and so far so good. He started on Thursday and I think he will be a nice addition to the office. Came home and made Chicken Flautas with beans for dinner.
Thursday, again a crazy day on and off. I put artichokes in the crockpot before leaving for work. They come out perfect every time. If you haven't tried it you should. Then every time I took one thing off my desk dr. or someone would put another thing on. Thats okay, I would rather be busy then have nothing to do. At least the days go by so much faster. Lets see I made breaded Shrimp, artichokes and raviolis for dinner.
Ahh, Friday, we took Amy to school. then Hannah and I went to the Dollar Tree in Norco, if you haven't been I suggest you go. they have great things for a buck! Then to my work for a couple of hours, still trying to get through my desk. Then we went to Walmart for dog food. Stopped my miguels Jr on our way home and out Hannah down for a nap. Ahh quiet time. Nope I had laundry to do and make so phone calls. Picked up Amy and her friend Carly from school for a playdate. The girls roller skated and played school, made a skit for us to watch, painted their finger nails and toe nails and painted on some cardboard. (Until Hannah messed up the paint and the picture, the joy of having a little sister). Made Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato basil soup for dinner, then we took the kids to Golden spoons on our way home dropped Carly off to her parents and called it a night!
Hope you made it through all of this weeks happenings....
Now for some random pictures. =)

Hannah taking a picture of Amy, I guess this is all she sees.
I did Hannah's hair different every day this week. Its finally getting long so I can do a few things. Back view.
Front view
I started to try and grow green onions, this was day one.
this was the very next day. Stay tuned for the update on the green onion.
The artichokes in the crockpot Thursday. Aren't the pretty?
Pig tails.
Welp, thats it folks. Hope you enjoyed a weeks update. Thanks for staying tuned for this incredibly LONG post! I will try to not allow so much time to pass.
Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

Genn said...

I hear ya on the business! I used to think January was supposed to be a quiet and slow month! I guess not when you have kids huh.

Glad you guys like the potato cheese soup! It is so easy and delicous.
Yes your artichokes do look so pretty! I'd love to know your recipe for those sometime. I tried some in the crokckpot recently and they just didn't turn out the way I had hoped!

Enjoy your weekend Traci! :)

Genn said...

woops... i see now that business (meant to sound like busy-ness) looks just like business. You get my drift. ;)