What would you do?
What would you do if your beautiful 7 year old daughter was swinging on the swings at school and an Autistic boy went crazy choked her and knocked her off the swing, then pulled her hair so hard that he ripped her pony tail and braid out? Then you find out that the yard duty who was there just sent the boy to a tree for a time out.
Cause this is the beautiful 7 year old girl.
My poor baby stayed strong she said she wanted to cry, but didn't want to cry in front of the other kids. I told her she should have gone to the office to see Lori she would have hugged her and called me at least.
Would you call the school and talk to the principle?
Would you let it go this time?
Would you want to beat up the little boy?
Is it ok that I never got a phone call regarding the incident?
What if the table was turned and my 7 year old girl knocked a kid off the swing would she have been sent to the principle for suspension?
What about the no touching or causing bodily harm to another rule at school?
Does this not apply to an autistic child?
What do you think?
2 comments:
Oh Traci, I'm sorry. That is really frustrating. I am not sure what I would do, but I would not think it was fair had the situation been reversed, so why not address the problem the same? You can't treat children in school differently. If someone does wrong, then there should be consequences. If this child is severely autistic he/she might not understand what they did so their punishment might be different than if they weren't autistic, but they should still be reprimanded about it.
Hi Genn, yes, he is severely Autistic and he is just starting to develop his speech. I actually spoke with the principle yesterday. He said they had just recently given him lunch back with the other kids. He said he has had this problem before. So he is taking his lunch time with the rest of the kids away again. I feel bad for the kid, cause he doesn't know, but yet I feel really bad for Amy. She was so scared. Its a really tough call.
Post a Comment