Last weekend our friend turned 50 and we were so excited to be included in the surprise party! It was at Newport Dunes and people camped, or rented bungalows for the weekend. On the way the motorhome was riding a bit rough and you could hear air leaking, so Kent pulled over and climbed under the motorhome. We had a suspension air bag go out on us. UGH! We were still able to get to Newport. My friend Danielle's birthday was on Friday so that was a great excuse to camp together. When we pulled up, Linda was in the street and didn't even know who we were. Then all of a sudden she was like what are you guys doing here. I said "Danielle invited us to camp with you guys for her birthday." Linda said "its my birthday too" I played it cool and said "Oh ya thats right it was your birthday yesterday." Anyway it was close to dinner time and I had planned on making chicken parmesan. So I popped it into the oven and we had a very yummy meal in the motorhome. Kent and I were so exhausted from the river trip the weekend before that we didn't even camp fire it on Friday. I think we were in bed by 9:30 p.m.
Saturday morning, I opened the curtain and this was my view from the motorhome.
Serenity
Hannah was watching morning cartoons, while Kent was making us French toast and Sausage.
We got dressed and then when on a bike ride around the water.
Amy found Linkyn right away.
Its just so pretty.
The birthday girl was whooshed away on a bike ride to Balboa for the day, this gave Tawnya and Danielle some time to decorate. Payton was helping to. Isn't she a doll?
The girls did a great job. There Oma was helping too.
Danielle's center pieces.
Back to the motorhome to get us ready for the PAR-TY!
Hannah was getting her chapstick on.
Amy and Stricker watching a little TV.
Oh my the cupcakes were so yummy!
Hannah and Travis playing.
Change of outfits, it got so cold. Kind of refreshing!
Special appearance from Cher!
Kent and his number 1 girl!
Cheri even had Sonny! Do you know who that is?
The Boice girls with Cher!
Dani, Hannah and Cher!
Amy and her daddy getting their groove on.
Link with Great uncle John. Doesn't look like a great uncle does he?
Lori and Kim.
Lot's of dancing, the babies were even getting into it.
This was so cute. Hannah, Blake and Linkyn all dancing together.
Hannah was sure getting around, I think she danced with everyone that night. Here she is with Tawnya and E.
About 9:00 p.m. my girls were tired and cold. They wanted to go back to the motorhome and watch some TV. So I offered to take Linkyn too. Danielle changed her into jammies and the girls laid in bed. They were pretty sleepy.
The 2 year olds out lasted the 7 year old. Amy was done! The girls where talking and looking out the window. It was so cute to watch! About 10:30 p.m. Neal came and got Linkyn and Hannah went to bed. Then I went out and visited around the camp fire until about 11:30 or so. Kent and the boys were up to no good and I was getting irritated by it and decided to come in. The alcohol was talking and I didn't like what it was saying.
Sunday morning it was bit over cast.
My girls.
Too cute, last look at the water and it was time to head home. I wasn't so happy with my hubby and didn't sleep well the night before So I wanted to get home, plus I knew my house smelled like smoke from the near fire I had on Friday! I think we were home just before noon.
Overall, it was a VERY fun weekend and we enjoyed the birthday celebration!!!
Happy Birthday Linda and Danielle.
Kent was able to get the new air bag and installed it tonight! The motorhome is back up and ready for another trip! YIPEE!!
1 comment:
How fun! I LOVE Newport Dunes. I have such fond memories of going there with my family as a kid. I can't wait to camp there with my girls.
Post a Comment