Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Labor day weekend at the river.
We left Friday just before evening and surprisingly we did not have any traffic to speak of. We did however, have an extra kid. Amy had invited a friend to come along. Without asking us first! Kent decided it would be alright to bring her along. So I talked to her dad and he was a bit hesitant but ok'd it.
Here are the girls.
We got intoNeedles about 8:30 p.m. so we decided to stop by our friends place. It was so good to see Mare, Ron and Stacia. Their twin girls had already fallen asleep so I din't get to see them. We girls played in the sand and water and we sat on Mare's deck and chatted while Hannah played in the pool. It was getting late probably 10 p.m or after so we decided to head to the Rver house. We got everything in and the girls to bed.
Saturday we headed to the lake, this is how calm it was and so beautiful out there. We were driving in this picture, can you believe how smooth it was?
We found a nice little beach and set up camp for the day.
The girls played in the sand and water.
Then this little guy came up to visit. Think he might be a crawdad. Never in all my life have I seen one at the river. The girls scared him away so I only got this one picture of him.
Time for the girls to ride the tube. We put all 3 on and off we went.
Lunch time.
How about a little rock jumping. Amy went first as usual, but her friend thought this was a bit high for her voyage jump. So Amy climbed back up and took her to a smaller area to jump.
Then they thought they should give a try at skiing again. We didn't have an extra adult this time so Amy tried on her own to float in the water. She did great!
She even got up! Crazy girl then sits back down and lets go of the rope!
Saturday night the girls were exhausted. I went in to check on them at this is what they looked like.
Hannah, said take a picture of me!
Sunday, we went up the lake to mile marker 28! Past cottonwood, the weather was so pretty. The girls played some more.
Chased each other around the boat.
Chatted and hung out.
Hannah played on the beach with mommy.
The girls riding the tube again.
We came home early Monday morning the girls were so exhausted. I think they slept all the way home!
Good bye summer, I will miss you my friend, hello fall and winter!

2 comments:

Genn said...

Looks like a good way to end the summer Traci. I would have died if that crawdad crawled over me!!
And way to go Amy for getting up on skiis! What a big girl. You just made me want to go water ski. :)

Ami said...

We saw a few of thos crawdad things last time at the river too. I don't think I have ever seen them before!