Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bonnie's Baby Shower

My friend at work Bonnie is having her first baby due in October.
Her name Ever Ann.
I decided on doing a brunch at 10:00 a.m.. My menu was; Quiche, French toast bake, Bacon wrapped jalapenos, pizza bagel bites, fruit, Orange juice, coffee, water with lemon, lime and strawberries, Mimosa's and cupcakes for dessert.
Bonnie, she looks so cute.
These were the BEST cupcakes I have EVER had.
She matched the decor PERFECTLY!
We had red velvet, white, chocolate and strawberry!
These are her guests, I only new 2 people (from my work) the rest were her church friends.
View from a different angle.
I must say I was a bit disappointed with the day. The shower started at 10 a.m. however, her friends didn't show up until 11:45 a.m.. Apparently Saturday was National day of Prayer and the church was having a walk. I just wish that they would have called and told either her or me that they would be almost 2 hrs late. I wouldn't have kicked my family out at 89:30 a.m nor would I have rushed to get everything cook by 10:00 a.m.. Good thing what I made was still good cold! Bonnie really enjoyed herself and thats what its all about.

Bonnie is such a sweet person, she gave me a gift for hosting her party!
Cute!!
Oh ya baby, more Almond Champagne for me! Paired with some bath and body = awesome gift!
After the shower I was exhausted and didn't feel like cooking anything else. So Kent took us to Rodrigo's for dinner. YUMMY! Kent had brought home his nephew to play with Amy in the afternoon, so when we dropped him off after dinner his parents said we are going to happy feet want to come along. So we left Amy at their house with her cousins and took Hannah to grandmas and went to My Happy Feet in riverside. Ever been? My first time. It is an hour message for $23.00 bucks. They do your head and face, shoulders, arms, back, feet and legs. Did I tell you its only $23.00 BUCKS? It felt amazing after the long day of being on my feet. They have different levels of rubbing and I said a 3 but at times that was a little to much for me. If I go again I would request softer.

1 comment:

Genn said...

Looks like you put on a lovely shower Traci. Too bad the guests showed up later though. It's a lot of stress and prep work to be ready by a certain time, I'm sure it would have been nice to not be so rushed in the morning. Your menu sounds delicious.