Do you remember Minnie? Do you remember we had her on a "trial" basis?
Well, her family missed her, they decided they were not really ready to give her up.
So she went back home yesterday afternoon.
Now for the tough job of telling the kids she was not staying with us anymore. Kent picked up the girls from grandma's house and the first thing Amy said to him was " Minnie is being such a good girl, I haven't heard her cry since I have been home from school". So he told her that Minnie went home. She seemed okay with that at first, but when I talked to Kent on my way home from work. Amy was M.I.A., he found her hiding and crying. Oh, how that breaks my heart. When I got home she was teary eyed. So we let her pick where to go for dinner and tried to cheer her up. Hannah is very confused, she keeps looking for Minnie and doesn't understand where she is. Kent, Ricky and I miss her, but we understand the situation. Anyway, last night after Amy got out of the shower she was crying again, about missing Minnie, we told her maybe Santa will bring a puppy or by the end of the year we will try again. That made her feel a little better.
Then this morning, Hannah got up ran around the house looking for Minnie, I told her again she went back to her house. Hannah says "but I love Minnie". Ugh, I had no idea my kids would be so attached so fast. Then Amy wakes up, she is sitting in the kitchen and I say " Amy what do you want" (meaning for breakfast) She replies "Minnie back". So we talked again this morning about it and I know she will be fine, it will just be a few days. After all, she has had a bad week. First getting beat up by the Autistic boy and then coming home and the dog is gone. She has had a reality check this week.
Hindsight is 20/20 for sure, had I know that we would have loved Minnie as much as we did, or that my kids would grow so attached in just a couple of days, I would have never had a trial basis with her. We just didn't know how we would do with a puppy. We have not had an animal in the family. (We had a rescue dog a few years ago, that didn't work out after just a day or two. She was abused and wasn't good with Amy. So I was worried we would have a similar story, not the abused part, just that maybe the kids wouldn't like her or that she would chew up everything we own. With kids you have dolls, toys and stuffed animals all over the place.) Anyway, we are not mad at the family for wanting her back, she is really a sweet puppy and a good girl. After all she was a part of their family for the first year of her life. It would be like giving your baby away after she was 1 year old.
1 comment:
Well, since I am not a huge lover of dogs, it would be very different for me than giving my own baby away at 1 years old!! ;) But I am sorry that your kids got so attached so fast. That is hard to explain. Hopefully they will be their happy perky selves very soon.
Post a Comment