Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving

So we went to Ocotillo for Thanksgiving again. I wasn't really that excited to go this year. We left fairly late on Wednesday, so we just got camp set up and sat by the fire for a while before going to bed. Thanksgiving day we went on a couple of rides and cooked dinner in the motorhome. Friday, we meet up with some friends and rode around a bit. Amy had her first head on collision on top of a hill with another quad. Luckily, they were not going to fast but Amy did break her key off into her ignition with her chest protector. Shortly after that our friends boy fell he went over the handle bars and the quad flipped over him. He was ok too. However, for me I was just ready to pack things up and go home. I didn't enjoy that part of the trip and truthfully didn't feel like riding much after that. I will never forget the sound of the quads hitting. Just thankful that the kids were alright. Also on Friday my cousin and her family joined us, it was good to see them. Saturday Kent and Amy rode a bit and we packed up in the afternoon and came home.

Jordan, Amy and Hannah
Hannah and Linkyn playing in the dirt.

Hannah is ready to ride, NOT! She did ride with daddy a couple of time. She looks cute.
Diane and Sean cam out to see us on Friday and spent the night. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't the greatest this year. Lots of wind on Friday and some sprinkles on Saturday.

I took some shrimp and cocktail sauce with us out on a ride. Hannah LOVED it. She was double/ triple dipping and sucking all the cocktail sauce off her shrimp.
That's my brave girl.
So cute.
I guess I wasn't in the picture taking mood this year. I really didn't have much to post.

1 comment:

Ami said...

So glad to hear that all the kids are ok! It's a dangerous sport but usually so much fun!