Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Are you tired of my river pictures?

Last week was so rough on me and Thursday wasn't any better. So I was very happy to go to the river on Friday night. We left here about 5:30 p.m. and arrived in Bullhead at 9:30 p.m. and it was HOT, I mean HOT! We went in the house and turned the air on, the house was 121 degree's. Did I mention it was 9:30 at NIGHT?! The girls were done with the car and we needed to go to the grocery store to get food for Saturday. So we dropped them off at my parents house and then Kent and I headed to the mighty super Walmart. I think all the bullheadians where there. It was packed with all sorts of people and some had very small/ infant children out. It must have been about 10:30 p.m. by then. It has been so hot I bet they stay inside until night and then do all there shopping. We took everything we bought back to the river house and it was still 100 degrees and its after 11:00 p.m.. So we went back to my parents house, Hannah was asleep on the couch and Kent was falling asleep. So we decide to just stay there in the cool air. We all slept in our clothes and got up early in the morning and snuck out of their house to go home. Can you image me, Kent and the two girls sneaking out of a house early in the morning so we wouldn't wake my parents. Funny, I tell ya. We loaded the boat and the ice chest and I think we were on the water by 8:30 a.m. It was so beautiful, the water was perfect temperature and no wind!!!
Here is Amy and Papa just chillin'
Hannah loves to play in the sand, this girl could do this all day.
Camp, we stayed in this same spot over 4th of July and its really nice. Some sand, some big rocks and trees.
Amy is a tubing machine. this girl just wants to tube al day long. She is really good at it and she actually had a couple of BIG falls. She did a back flip off it once and I was worried about her neck, but when we got to her, she said " did you see that I backed flipped off"? I think I am in trouble with this one.
Daddy wanted to take Hannah so I drove the boat and he tubed with her. I didn't think i could drive and take a picture so here they are getting ready for the big adventure.
Surprise surprise I was able to drive the boat and take a picture! I am amazing!! So Hannah LOVED the tube. Check her out with her hands in the air! Umm, she's TWO!!! I think I am in trouble with this one too!
Amy thought she would like to try to Ski. So My dad floated in the water with her and Kent gave her the instructions on what to do. HIT IT!
Oh YEAH, she's up!! That's my 7 year old! I am a proud mommy right now. WAY TO GO AMY!! I think next trip she will go even farther.
The day was over and time to bring in the anchors and head back to the launch ramp. Well, my dad couldn't get the anchor up. He tugged and pulled and tugged some more. When he finally got it up it was covered with a bush! I think he brought up the whole bottom of the late. LOL
Sunday we thought we would go out again, but I had a sore throat and was so congested I didn't want to go out. So Kent and the girls washed the boat.
I am sure he loves that they help him. In case you are wondering, we have jobs at the river. While Kent washes the boat and unloads the stuff we don't store in it. I am in the house putting stuff away, making beds, laundry if needed, packing the duffle bags up so that we are ready to head home. (I love it cause I get to be in the air conditioning).
Here is the real helper. She does a great job!!
After the boat was washed and the girls and Kent showered we decide to go to the movies, so we went to The Riverside and saw Toy Story 3. Super cute movie, my parents even came along. Then we went back to their house and played Spinners. Kent won! We decided to hit the AVi for dinner and head home. (They have the best chicken noodle soup ever and I felt like soup). Kent and I went back to the river house and loaded the car on the way to the gas station I took this picture. 5:12 p.m. 116 degree's. Hannah and I were dying in the car.
15 minutes late its was 119 degree's. WHAT??? This is why we waited to leave. We didn't want to cross the desert when it was so hot. So we meet my parents at the Avi had dinner and finally headed home about 7:00 p.m.
I was still pretty yucky on Monday, slight fever and very congested. I had to work anyway. I think I was in bed by 7:45 p.m. last night. I feel a little better today. Its dropped into my chest so I have a yucky cough now. I think I am on the road to recovery. Hallelujah !!!

1 comment:

Genn said...

Hi Traci,

Glad you got to get away after your long week. Too bad you got sick though! I hope you are feeling better now.

And driving the boat AND taking a picture? You are amazing! Cute pics. Looks like fun. HOT, but fun.