Ok so this picture doesn't match the title, but it was suppose to be at the end of the post and again I messed up. Any how, I just thought this was too cute of Miss. Hannah in the bath. If you look close you can see how she floods my kitchen.
My first pet...
For the week before the fair Amy talked about how she will win a fish at the Highland country fair. Well her determination paid off and she won. However, instead of bring a fish home you get a coupon for a free gold fish at a pet store in Ontario. Well, we decided that by the time we drove to Ontario and got the "free" fish we would have spent $30 dollars. So Sunday night we went to pet-co in Mira Loma. Bought a fish bowl, food, gravel and two small gold fish for $15.26. We get home Kent and Amy get the fish in their new home, fed and all is well. Here is the picture of Amy with Elizabeth and Taylor. Look at that smile.
Monday, morning comes and I go into Amy's room and Taylor is NOT looking so hot. Her eyes and mouth are open and she is not swimming. Elizabeth is swimming circles around Taylor. So I proceed to tell Amy I think her fish is dead. She says no that is how she sleeps. Well pretty soon poor taylor is floating on top of the water. I tell Amy again Your fish is dead. Well, at that moment she loses it and when I say loses it, she LOST it! Crying hysterically with alligator tears "my first pet is dead!" Now it's late and I need to get to work she is just beside herself. I can honestly say I have never seen that girl cry like this. So I am telling her I will get her a new fish tonight after work. She could not stop hugging me and crying. Now I am crying because I feel so bad for her. Oh yea, while this is going on Hannah is crying in her crib. So I tell Amy we have to get rid of the fish, well she wanted me to go outside and bury it. Good thing I am a quick thinker and said oh you don't bury fish you flush them down the toilet so they can go to their natural home in the sea. She then agreed but didn't want to be a part of that. So bye bye Taylor! NOT the morning I was hoping for.
So after work I rushed to Hannah and to Amy. I suggested we check on the other fish before we head to the store again just in case I needed two fish instead of one. Amy wanted to do the checking and thank goodness the fish was ALIVE. So off to the store we went and here is the new fish "Swimmy". Happy again. From now on I told Kent its his job to check on the fish. I can't handle that emotion again.
2 comments:
Awwww ... dang what an emotional experience that was! I'm sorry about the fish, glad you got another! Did you feed it too much or not enough?
I think it just had a issue. Because Kent feed it that night and by morning it was dead. Small gold fish or any gold fish for that matter don't have a long life span. Thank goodness the two are still alive today.
Post a Comment