Monday, January 30, 2012

Random thoughts

Hi! Happy Monday!
Did you have a good weekend?
We didn't do too much and I did't take one picture.
Friday, after school Am's friend Faith came home with us and ended up spending the night.  They played and had a good time.  Saturday, Kent worked so the girls and I did the grocery shopping. I made a yummy pasta dinner from a Healthy cooking magazine that Kent's mom gave me.  Amy's friend Faith called Saturday afternoon and asked if she could come over there for a sleep over.  So she was gone Saturday night.  That evening after diner Kent, Hannah and I went to Home depot and bought closet doors for Amy's room.  She had mirrored doors that were broken and didn't slid well.  So I had taken them off and she was doorless on her closet.  We HATED the way it looked and finally decided to just get them.  Sunday, Kent just wanted to relax and do nothing.  He has been fighting a cold and working a ton.  So we were pretty lazy around the house.  I needed to get some vitamins from sam's so Kent came along and then we picked up Amy from her friends.  While Kent and Hannah napped, Amy and I made chocolate donuts with her donut maker.  Then Kent hung the closet doors.  The girls rode bikes and then I took them to the park for an hour before making dinner, PW bacon wrapped scallops with chili butter sauce. They were just okay, I kind of was grossed out while making them so I didn't eat but one after removing the turkey bacon. My meal was asparagus! 

I am on day 5 of my curling iron intervention!  Had my hair done Wednesday and Linda told me I was breaking my bangs with the darn curling iron.  I told her I wanted a new hair do to go with my new body. She said to put the curling iron away and bingo you have a new look!   HA!  Truly people I have been curling my hair the same way since Jr. high!  I am not very good at doing my own hair. So this is a very difficult intervention.  However, I am doing it!  I use my round brush and leave my hair basically straight.  I actually think I like it.  I have sent her two text pictures of me on different days to help keep me on track!  She probably thinks I am a freak and laughs but who cares. I will try to upload the curling iron vs the round brush photos later and you guys can help me decide if its a better look. ;)


Next goal is a 15K at the end of March. Its the Hot Chocolate 15k in San Diego, you can check it out HERE . My friend wants me to join her on this next adventure.  Problem is I am NOT a runner.  I try to do my best but I just don't get the runner high.  So today was day1 of training for it.  I did 3 miles on the treadmill with a 4.0 incline and it took me 42 minutes.  That is NOT great time. I have only worked out a handful or two of times since running the 10K in December.  I know that this is key to staying on track and getting the rest of my weigh off.  (20 lbs to go) I figure if I have goals then I have to work out!  Plus, I think its a great example to my kids to exercise and eat healthy.  I do not EVER want them to struggle like Kent and I have over weight.  I have struggled my whole life, Kent has struggled his adult life.  I want to be a positive roll model for them.  At the same time I don't want them to have body issues in the since of not feeling they are good enough no matter what size they are. I just want them to be happy with who they are inside and out! 

Hope you all have a great Monday. Thanks for checking in.

No comments: