Last weekend we went to Ocotillo camping and riding. Friday night we really didn't have much in the way of traffic which was REALLY nice. We arrived about 6:00 p.m., We had dinner and hung out by the camp fire. I actually stayed out at the fire later then my hubby! The wind picked up during the night and I didn't sleep well. I think I looked out the window around 4-5 a.m. and saw some fellow campers out side chasing chairs. Glad I always bring my chairs back to camp when I go to bed. Anyway, it was windy on Saturday morning but not horrible when the camp all eft for a ride to Gas Dome. They were gone about 2 hours when the wind picked up again. The motorhome shook so bad I thought I was going to tip. Everyone came back but my hubby and Mike and Chris. So I yelled out to see where they were. They had decided to head to Shell Reef. By now the wind was really going and I think we were in a Tornado. I was texting the other campers because I was so nervous we were going to tip! I finally heard from Kent who also had the girls with him. They were on there way back and the girls were miserable. I guess the sand was pelting them so hard. They finally arrived back at camp, Amy came in crying and Hannah looked like she was in a train wreck.
This is a picture from inside the motorhome looking out. All the dust was aught between the screen and the window. The dust was blowing in through the slide and every window. It actually looked like it was snowing inside the motorhome. I vacuumed and cleaned that thing so much and still have a ton of dust inside!
Trying to entertain the girls inside so we hula hooped!
Ha! This is how you had to dress to just go outside. the sand was blowing and getting into your eyes and just pelting what ever didn't have a cover on it.
Finally around 7 p.m. the wind had died down. After dinner and showers the kids wanted to watch a movie in our motorhome. Here is Lexie and Hannah.
Blake and Amy. Blake LOVES Amy.
Lexie girl.
Silly girls.
Not sure if Blake was sticking his tongue at me or not! He only likes Amy!!
Sunday was an amazing day NO WIND! Most of the camp left bright and early but we decided to stay and ride. So I think we left around 3 or so. It was a nice quiet day and really nobody was there. We had the whole desert to ourself. Looking forward to the next trip, after I clean ALL the dirt out!
No comments:
Post a Comment