Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Make room for Santa

10K run.
Did you know I am not a runner?  Did you know that I have lost 60 lbs since Feb. 2011 and still losing?  Did you know that I have always struggled with my weight?  Did you know that I never liked to exercise? Did you know I did my very first Mud run a few months back? Did you know I made my friend Michelle do it with me?  Well, I guess it was pay back.  She has been exercising and making some life changes too.  Her sister runs all the time and enlisted her into doing the Make room for Santa run 10k, so she did what any good friend would do and enlisted me to do it with her!  So I thought about it, I was nervous, scared and wanted to graciously back out.  Then I decided what the heck, you got nothing to lose!  So I signed myself up.  The run was this past Saturday in Irvine.  I trained one time last week on Wednesday and that was it.  so I was really thinking this was a bad idea.  Anyway, I finished in 1:19:52.1!  I know some of my running friends are laughing right now but I don't care, I did it and thats all that matters.  Matter of fact, I would do it again, however, I would train more!
Thanks Michelle for making me step outside my comfort zone!!

Do you remember the part where I said I had nothing to lose?
Turns out I had a lot to lose.  While us girls were running the 10k, some SOB broke into Michelle's truck and stole all 4 of our purses.  We think they were watching us.  Anyway, we left the truck at 7:25 a.m. and by the time I had finished running and we walked right back to the truck, must have been back at 9:30 a.m., they had charged all sorts of money on 3 of my accounts and 1 on Michelle's.  Not sure if any charges were on the other two ladies cards or not.  On mine alone almost $900.00 at Target, Chevron and Albertsons.  Michelle's husband got right on the phone with a Target manager and they were able to get surveillance of a woman walking into Target, picking up 4 carry baskets and placing them into a cart.  They have her walking around the store placing different items into different baskets.  Then she walked up to the register and made 4 transactions with 4 different cards.  Guess what the Cashier NEVER asked for ID.  Did you know that Target has a no ask policy?  Yep, the crooks know this and as long as they keep it under a certain amount ($300.00), they will NEVER be asked to show ID!  That info has all been turned over to Irvine PD, I sure hope they catch these jerks!  
Lets talk about what I lost, shall we?
This part sucks!  
Purse
Dooney and Burke wallet (Xmas gift from hubby last year) 
Cash (Had all the cash the girls from work gave me to buy docs gift)
Cash (Just what I had in my wallet)
RX glasses (Vogue)
Brown credit card wallet (with all our Insurance cards, Chevron card, Sams club, costco, AAA Card, misc business cards I keep, etc).
2 Check books for 2 different accts.
Drivers License
debit card/ visa card for 3 accts.
Several credit cards to different stores
Knott's Berry Farm annual passes for the family
Misc.exampls:  make-up, chapstick, lipgloss, hair pretties and whatever else I carry and can't think of until I go to get it.
Calendar (all my import dates and thingsI had written down)
Car keys to both cars, house keys, gun safe keys, hitch keys, work keys, mail box key and any other key I use to have.
$200.00 amex gift card
a couple of gift cards that we had been given and I carry in my purse so that when we are out we could use them.
These items total over $1465.00 to replace!
I called my home owners to see if they can help me out after the deductible and the keys to both cars that are not a covered expense because they were taken from a car.  I am not getting even a quarter of what I lost.  Yep, right be christmas I have nothing!  I can't even go into a store and shop right now, because all my cards/ accts have been closed and I have to wait until I receive new ones in the mail. Not a fun time to have your stuff stolen.  
The key to my car is $300.00 to replace and the key to the other car is $165.00 to replace.  They are NOT eligible under home owners on my policy, however they are under my car policy. However, the amount for the keys is less then my deduct so that doesn't help either!!  Like I have an extra $465.00 to buy new keys.  I just stopped working a few months ago and money is already tight, where am I suppose to pull that money from?  Ugh, so frustrating.  
So I am taking donations to the Help Traci Replace What Was Stolen From Her Purse Foundation!
I kid, I kid!
Please people, what ever you do DO NOT LEAVE YOUR PURSE IN THE CAR!
Also, I recommend that you take inventory of what is in your purse right now.  Just make a note in a file somewhere.  Also, make copies of the front and back of ALL credit/debit cards you carry and keep that with your inventory.  It would have made my life much easier knowing what was in my purse and calling all the cards right away.  On the back of the card it has a number to report lost or stolen cards, well if they are lost or stolen you don't have that number! So poor Kent was trying to work and frantically calling everything in his wallet, unfortunately I have some cards he either doesn't carry or doesn't have. 
Go copy them now!!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I'm actually making copies right NOW, unfortunately we live in a crooked world with lot's of meanies out there & we have to do stuff like that now huh?

Ugh so sorry Traci that stinks so bad & couldn't be worse timing!

I hope they catch the thieves &
I hope you get your reimbursement of the charges & your new cards stat.
XO