First, I want to say THANK YOU to dad Cozart, after my last river post about the river house being 120 degrees at 11:00 p.m.. He went down not once but several times to install a new timer on the air conditioner at his river house, so that my family wouldn't be so miserable on the next trip. Well, his efforts paid off (at least for us) the house was a very reasonable temperature. So again THANK YOU Dad Cozart!!
Kent and I had a little family vacation last week, while the doctor I work for was off. We arrived Wednesday night not a bad drive at all. Thursday morning we got up and headed to the water. We searched for a beach some what close to the launch ramp, because the sky looked a bit ugly. Its monsoon weather and we could get stuck in the rain/ thunder storm or wind. Anyway, we ended up in a cove and just anchored the boat next to my parents boat and floated on the water. Well, at lunch time Amy and I had gotten into the boat and Hannah wanted in too. So I stood on the swim step and leaned down to pick her up by her life jacket and turned to toss her on the back of the seat, when the water from her life jacket poured on top of my feet causing me to slip. This part I don't remember, I apparently, drug Hannah back into the water with me after slamming my face against the back of the boat. While under the water I was struggling to come up and catch my breath. I Cut my toe and leg on the prop at some point during the fall. Hannah was wet and crying when I came back up. Kent luckily was right there and had caught her. After I got back into the boat and found that I was going to live, we all got a laugh at it or should I say me.
Here is my leg a few minutes after the fall. My knee and leg swelled a bit and it still hurts to touch, but I will survive.
My poor toe! Ring toe and tall toe hurt so bad, and I kept stubbing them.
The face, never mind what I look like, just check out the bruise on my laugh line. It went from my nose to just past my lips.
Please don't look up my nose, but inside my cheek I must had bit it because there was a slight cut and bruising right away.
This is day 3 of the bruise, it turned a nice shade of purple and blue.
(Todays, its a nice shade of green and yellow).
Enough of my injury, lets talk or should I stay look at some cute kids. This is actually Hannah talking to me and eating a cookie after the fall. She was so worried about me.
My sister and Hannah
My nephew Kory, I guess he was relaxing on the ladder.
More relaxing
Can you tell Hannah was in love with my sister? She wanted to hang out with her every minute.
Say cheese.
Friday, we had a nice little camp on the beach. Kilee rode Amy on the wave runner.
Hannah relaxed and played in the sand.
Tubed a bit!
A momma and her ducklings came to visit. 9 babies, could you imagine??
Saturday, we found a bigger beach. We had 6 different families out there. It was so much fun.
Striker and Amy exploring the beach.
Rick even came to the river.
Sunday, we launched the river and went down to see our friends at AVI.
We took them to Pirates Cove. No one was there.
Kent and Don strolling the beach.
Amy and Jarrod playing in the sand.
Snack time.
me too.
Ricks friend Nick brought his knee board and showed us how it was done. Everyone, well almost everyone tried it and got up! I would have done it but with the injury and all I thought I better just be the cameraman.
Look at Amy's form. She pulled herself right up first try!
Look at her go!
We got home late Sunday night, about 11:30 p.m. so this week we have been totally exhausted. Looking forward to the next trip. Hope you all have been enjoying your summer!
2 comments:
Oh my gosh, what a fall that you took!! Good thing your husband was right there and that you didn't knock yourself out. Ouch! Glad you're ok.
Besides the fall, looks like a good trip.
You poor thing!! I hope you're feeling better & your injuries are quickly healing!
Isn't pirate cove fun? I like it there! :)
Post a Comment