Ok seriously, on Sunday 8/15/10, I, me, my turned the BIG 40!
Have I really lived half of my life at age 40, as I was so kindly told?
Is it possible to have a 2 year old , 7 year old and a 19 year old when you are 40?
Will my husband really trade me in on two 20 years olds?
Isn't 40 the new 30?
None the less, it happened, I am forty!
We were suppose to head to the river for my Big 40, but things were a bit tight and we decided to stay home. Sunday morning, I opened my eyes, my heart was still beating and I was still able to get out of bed so we decided to go somewhere, but where does a 40 year old go? I decided to go to the Santa Ana Zoo, my friend Genn (can I call you that?) blogs about it and I thought it would be a fun place to go.
Amy above and Hannah below getting a little ride from some furry friends.
Amy loved the birds.
They both loved the turtles, they wanted to bring them home.
(Did you know I have a desert tortoise when I was growing up? His name was speedy, he was my brothers.)
This one is an animal lover! =) She was waiting to ride the camel.
Hannah was so mad, she wanted to ride, but an adult would have to go with her and Kent and I didn't think the those skinny legs could hold us up.
Wow, doesn't that girl look great for being 40?
After the train ride around the zoo, we walked over to the horses and the girls played.
By now we were hungry and Kent said lets take a drive to the Newport prior and get a snack like a hot dog on a stick. So off we went, well the traffic is so bad and the hot dog on the stick was gone. After and hour in traffic for nothing, I said get me out of this place and get me some lunch before I scream!! Hannah was exhausted and getting a bit cranky and so was mommy. We found inn and out, after all thats what its all about. Hannah had fallen asleep, so my lunch consisted of holding her while I ate a messy cheese burger animal style. (so good)
After lunch the girls wanted to go to the park. Is that what you do on your 40th birthday? I guess so. Kent said there is a hugh park in Fountain Valley called Mile Square Regional Park. We were not far so we went to check it out.
The girls went down the slides.
Climbed a bit like monkeys.
Then we went around to the other side, where you pay to park ($5.00 per car). They have a lake to fish, more playgrounds, tons of grassy areas to BBq or hang out. Lots of room to bike ride, roller blade or scooter. The girls were watching the ducks.
Then we decided to rent this. Yep, a bicycle built for two. ($20.00 for an hour) After 5 minutes in I thought, maybe at 40 you shouldn't rent bikes without gears? Oh holy mother of pearls, Kent and i worked off the cheese burger for sure. The girls were having a blast on the front. Truthfully that is all that mattered.
Hannah kept turning around to right the bell, it was so funny.
After we returned that damn bike, the girls still wanted to run and play, so we left them burn off some more energy on the toys.
Last slide trip of the day.
It was getting late 4:45 p.m. and we decided to head home. when we got to the car, I thought I should change Hannah (not much potty training going on today) As I picked her up out of the stroller she was a bit wet on the bottom. Lucky me, she had a dirty (aka poop) pull up that had leaked out. So I had to clean her up in the trunk of my car and she came home without bottoms on. Do 40 year olds have children in diapers still I wondered?
We finally got home about 5:30 or so and my friend Michelle had wanted to go to dinner, so her family of 6 and my family of 5 plus 1 (Ricks friend) went to BJ's for dinner. We left there about 9:30 p.m. and headed home. My friend Danielle, had asked if she could stop by as well so about 10:00 p.m she came by with a little treat of cupcakes and some of my fav Almond Champagne. Kent and the kids bought me tickets to the PBR, I am a Rodeo lover!! The bulls are my favorite. So I am looking forward to that. My in-laws gave me a gift card, my gf from work gave me movies tickets and flowers. I must say it was a bit strange not having cake and ice cream and family singing Happy birthday to me (well, my parents did call me and sang off key to me while we were at the zoo) although it wasn't exactly the way I imagine spending my milestone birthday, I still had a blast.
Thanks everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes on my FB page and all the of text messages. You truly made my birthday fun!
5 comments:
HAHA I see the bike and remember your story! Glad you had a great birthday! Love ya!
Of course you can call me your friend. We are right? ;)
Happy 40th birthday to you! Sounds like it was a nice day spent with your family and friends.
We were thinking of going to the SA Zoo soon. We have that pass now so we need to use it!
The bike for two was pretty funny. I'll remember that those are a workout not a leisure ride.
Happy Birthday Trac!
happy belated birthday!!! hope it was great & looks like it was! :)
Pshh, 40's just a number right??? Sounds like a great day!
Glad you had an awesome birthday Traci! LOVE YOU! xoxoxo
Post a Comment