Sunday, August 29, 2010

BUSY BUSY BUSY...

So last week was super busy, my in laws went on a motorhome trip and as you know they have been watching the girls since Lauren started teaching and stopped doing daycare. Well, my parents came out to stay last Monday to Thursday to watch the girls. We used our motorhome as a guest house and they stayed the week. I am just a dork, the entire time my parents were here I never took one picture. I hate when I am so busy I forget to stop and get photos of the moment for memories in the future. On Friday, I was so exhausted form the week and having two extra people here (cooking for 7 is a lot off work). I decide I deserved a dinner out. So we went to Anchos, its just ok. If Rodrigo's made the flour tortillas I would probably never go back to Anchos! Anyway, I planned a date night with Amy. We both wanted to see Nanny McPhee Returns. So after dinner we dropped off Kent, Rick and Hannah, then Amy and I headed to the movies. It was a cute show. I like the first one better, but still cute.
-------------------------------------------Saturday-----------------------------------------------------
We were invited to a Rib Cook off around the corner from our house. So we entered into the Rib competition. Unfortunately, we didn't come in the top 4, but we had funny cooking. I never took a picture of the ribs, after they came out of the oven it was a rush to get them to the house and into the judges. I also made PW baked beans for the side dish competition, but somehow my entry never made it in. Too bad, cause this was an awesome batch I made.

The party had a lot going on, swimming, horse shoes, live band, Texas Holden Tournament, Rib cooking, drinking and just some good old fun.
The girls love little Hannah, this kid gets so much attention.
Here is the band, they play at the House of blues on occasion. I think they were called Roadhouse. They were really good.
Can you tell this little sweetie loves ribs???
And this little sweetie loved the baby hot dogs in BBQ sauce.
(what? Who is that we see in the back ground? Did you say Rick? What he is hanging out with his family. I LOVE IT!!!!)
The girls enjoying their ribs.
This would be a few minutes before the embarrassing moment would happen. Yep, this girl had a couple to many hot dogs and I guess she must have had a stomach ache, because, well, she pooped in their pool! The best part was it was oozing over the top of her pull up and bathing suit onto the deck. I run over to get her and then didn't want to claim her, so I grab and run to Kent and say "you have to take us home now! I don't have any baby wipes here." I wrapped a towel around her and my friend Michelle took us home.
It was actually a good time to get the kids home, people had been drinking A LOT by now and they were getting a bit R rated for the kids. So we took the girls back to my house, I put Hannah in a bath, popped some popcorn for the girls and put a movie on and Michelle and I went back to the "adult" party now. I guess we missed some excitement while we were getting the kids settled in at my house. Then they wanted hot girls up by the band. ( I however, don't consider myself a hot girl. I think more of a nice mommy.) Well, this guy wanted me and Michelle to go up there. So this pretty blonde grabbed us or should I say man handled us and drug both of us to the band. Oh ya, Don yelled at the pretty blonde "if you kiss her, she would go willingly." She (the pretty blonde) said "oh I can kiss her", as she headed in for the kiss I turned my head and got a nice wet one planted on the side of my face and ear. Did I tell you I have no idea who the pretty blonde was/is? After, I finally got away, I hid behind Kent. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. A bit later, I got kissed by another this time by a man. Just for the record he caught a cheek too. Hmm, maybe I am that hot girl! Oh wait, I think they were all just hammered and had their beer goggles on! LOL! I finally got home about 10:45 p.m. or so and Kent came home from the poker Tournament about 1:30 a.m., all in all it was a great time.
--------------------------------------Sunday--------------------------------------
So you may have remembered that Kent bought me PBR tickets for my birthday well, today was the day to go. Oh my gosh, I love the bulls. I love the cowboys, I love the chaps, I just love the redneck! What a great afternoon with my honey. Rick stayed home and watched the girls. I told him not to buy me a gift, just babysit his little sisters for me so I could enjoy the PBR. He even said he had fun with the girls and they were very good. Hannah napped 3 plus hours for him.
So cool, this has to get you pumped up!
HOT and I don't mean the fire!
Oh ya, bring on the bulls!
The winner, he did amazing.
Mr. Austin Meier
What a busy and amazing weekend. Now its back to work tomorrow. Hope everyone had a great weekend too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend! The pool party looked like a blast!

Thank you for your kind words on my venting post...It's nice to hear from people who can relate.

Back to work Monday...drag :(
Hope you have a great week!

Genn said...

Hi Traci,

sounds like you had a great weekend. The pool party sounds like it was fun, and so does the PBR!!Hot, and you don't mean the fire. You are too funny. What a great date.

Hope you have a good work week too.