Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Good bye trigger thumb

Well tomorrow is the BIG day,  Amy and I are both having surgery.  Amy's surgery will correct the trigger thumb on her right hand.  You can see in this picture that her left thumb fully extends but her right thumb is always bent forward.  She can never fully extend it.  After tomorrow she will be able to hitchhike with either thumb!  Amy's surgery is at 7:30 a.m. and will last approximately 15 minutes.  They will put her to sleep and when she wakes up she will be in a cast and have a few sutures.  Keep her in your thoughts and prayers that all goes smoothly.

Then its my turn.  I tried to take a picture of my wrist but it just doesn't look like much.   Anyway,  I have tendonitis and a cyst on my left wrist.  So they will repair the tendons and remove the cyst.  My surgery will take place after Amy's probably mid morning.  Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers that my surgery goes smoothly as well.
MOST importantly, keep Kent in your thoughts and prayers since the poor guy has to take care of both of us  and Hannah too.  I'm sure he will recruit Rick to help as well. 

1 comment:

Tawni716 said...

Good luck today! I love you girls and know everything will go smoothly!! xoxo