Some of you may have remembered back in August my long time day care provider went back to teaching at a school. My amazing in laws offered to watch the girls while we decided what to do. We have been able to pay a lot of debit off because of their generosity. Which has made us able to be a one income family. It will be tight and we will have to watch our spending. No more luxurious Target trips, splurges at Costco, spontaneous purchases as well as cutting back on camping trips and river trips. However, I will be able to stay home with my kids, take Amy to school EVERYDAY and work in her classroom. I am so excited to have this opportunity. I will admit I am a bit nervous too. I have worked full time since I was 15.5 yrs old. So to not have my own money makes me a little uncomfortable. To raise my own kids and cherish the moments with them each and every day I know is priceless. So without further ado, I gave Dr. Pearson my resignation a week ago, we have spend the last 9 years together and its a bitter sweet moment. I am now looking for someone to fill in my shoes. By the way they are BIG shoes to fill. As soon as I have found the right person and have them trained I will be taking my final bow as a working mother and step aside. I know that I want to do something part time and would love to be able to that from home. If any of you have any ideas for a little extra income, please let me know.
4 comments:
I'm so happy for you! I'm sure you'll miss a lot of things but nothing like being home with and for your children, sacrifices all well worth it.
You should sell Gold Canyon Candles :)
And hire me! he he I want to work closer to home sooo bad
Congrats Traci!! That is a big change! Hope it all works out great for you.
Yay! I too will soon be there too! It is very scary but I can't wait!
Congrats Traci!! You will be so glad that you did this. Just keep yourself busy and you won't miss going to work. There are some good things too like...you can work in your jammies if you want to :)
Post a Comment