Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day weekend....


Usually Labor Day weekend for us is spent at the river. Unfortunately, this year we were at home. So here is a recap of the weekend. Friday: I took Amy to school and then headed to Citrus Ford to get a "free" oil change the excursion. Just so you know NOTHING is free! Hannah and I get to Citrus Ford about 9:15 a.m., we had an appointment at 9:30 a.m.. The friendly staff (Brian) greeted us and I said I am here for an oil change and I gave him the card. So he made me do a safety check on the car, then I told him about a radiator pan that was leaking and asked if he could get me a price, after being there for over 2 hours he still did not have a price for me. Finally, I said I have to go, fax my husband a list of what needs to be done and we can come back. He calls Kent after I leave and tells him we have $1500.00 worth of repairs. UGH! Plus, my time at Citrus. NOTHING IS FOR FREE!
Last time we were at the river, the boat needed some maintenance done. So my parents took it to Holiday Rv and Marine in Bullhead and dropped it off for us. After having the boat in the shop for two weeks and $1255.00 later, it was finally ready to be picked up. So Saturday Kent and his dad drove to bullhead and picked up the boat launched it on the river at Riverside and Kent drove it to the dam and back, loaded it back on the trailer and parked it back in the driveway in bullhead and drove home. They were here before 5:00 p.m. Saturday.
Sunday, we slept in a bit, I just couldn't muster up enough energy to go to church. Instead I made waffles and eggs for breakfast and we pretty much stayed around the house. we did a few errands and Kent slept almost the entire day. Later that evening we went to Gary and Kelly's for Trevor's birthday dinner. It was yummy and fun to visit with everyone. Sorry no pictures from Sunday!

Monday, we decided to go to the beach and have a picnic. Hannah has never been before and Amy doesn't remember ever going. We went to Corona del mar. We arrived about 8:30 am or so and had front row parking. The girls played in the sand and the water. Hannah loved it!! Amy was knocked down twice by a wave and didn't like that at all. She whined a bit and got sand and saltwater in her eyes. She recovered pretty quickly.
When we first got to the beach.
Amy, Hannah and daddy playing in the water.
Kent and I. (If you click on this picture you can check out the guy behind us. He was walking around all day with a white stripe of sunscreen on his chest. I can't believe his wife didn't tell him to rub it in. LOL)
Amy getting brave.
Daddy made Amy into a sand mermaid.

Hannah played liked this for hours. She really liked the sand.
After we got home from the beach we cleaned up and took naps. Then we headed over to grandma and grandpas for a BBQ.
Here are some of Kelly's kids. Tyler, Jordan and Matthew.
Amy and Trevor
Rick and Hannah
Hannah loving dinner.
The men BBQing.
All and all we had a nice long weekend. Next year I plan on being at the river!!!

No comments: