Well, I sure do! Hannah has been very sick on and off for a little more then a week now. I have been just blowing it off and medicating her myself. She gets a little better then she gets really sick. Basically, one step forward and two steps back. Anyway, on Sunday Amy woke up with a fever and a stomach ache. Gave her some Tylenol and finished getting ready for the day. After all it was Sunday and we have lots of errands to do before the week starts all over again. So we loaded the girls up and off to Sears first and then to Sam's club. While in Sam's Amy started having a seriously melt down. NEVER seen her act that way before, NEVER! We continued through the store and finally ready to check out. Kent when to buy a water for Amy and I was with the girls and start unloading the cart. I put Amy down and just started to unload when she vomited in line all over the floor. Poor lady behind me.... Anyway, she was very nice and help get me napkins to clean it up. Get home get Amy into bed and Hannah down for a nap, when they wake up double fevers. (Kent's parents have been on vacation so I didn't have a back up for the girls). Thank goodness for Lauren. She took both girls on Monday so I could work. Their fevers continued Monday and Tuesday. (Thank goodness grandma and grandpa came home Monday afternoon. They watched the girls Tuesday and Wednesday so I could work. Not sure what we would do without them. They are always willing to babysit in a pinch. Lets give a shout out to grandma and grandpa Cozart!) Finally, made an appointment for them today. I actually had the appointment for Amy. because she had been my biggest concern. However, Tuesday night I was up most of the night with Hannah and a very high fever to the point were I had to put her in a bath at 3:15 a.m.!! Dr. F saw the girls today and after $106.47 in co-pays and 3 hours of tests, x-rays and waiting, Hannah has Pneumonia. (Dr. F also is concerned she could have swine flu so she took a culture and we should get results in about 24 hrs. But for now she is treating her for pneumonia). She thinks Amy just has a really bad cold and is probably on the road to recovery, She did take a culture of her throat so we will see what that says. . So tonight after I got home form work, Hannah had a high fever again 103.8. Called the Dr. and they want me to rotate between Motrin and Tylenol every 3 hours for as long as the fever is present and suggest she sleep in bed with me to keep a close eye on her fever. UGH! So I took a couple of pictures of my sick girls.
Look at those eyes. She is rubbing her head and probably thinking Why mom, why? I don't feel good. Get that camera out of my face!
She tried to crack a half smile for me.
Sick or not? She actually is looking pretty good her. She has highs and lows. One minute she feels good (except she is congested, hoarse and coughing), then the next her eyes are red and she wants to lay down and sleep. Poor babies.
On top of it all, Kent and Rick are sick too! Rick didn't work today and sounds like Amy and Kent is getting that hoarse sound and said even his hair hurts. I went to the Target tonight and bought a humidifier for Amy's room and loaded up on as many drugs and they would let me buy, and picked up some Vitamin C for me to which I took 1000 mg when I got home. Wish me luck and keep my family in your thoughts and prayers as we await more test results for Hannah.
3 comments:
Oh that's awful, I hope the girls are back to normal soon. Love your family, take care!
You aren't a bad Mom! You are a wonderful Mom for taking such great care of the girls! I hope the girls get better soon!!!! Love you all!
Thanks girls, I feel like a bad mom because I can't just stay home and take care of them when they are sick. I feel like I have to pawn them off on grandma. I also feel bad, because I didn't take Hannah sooner to the Dr. and now she is so sick. :( My poor babies.
Post a Comment